Impact Investing Coordinator
- Upstart Co-Lab
- Upstart Co-Lab is based in New York, Los Angeles and Burlington, VT; remote work is possible.
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please email a CV and short cover note
- Where to Apply
Upstart Co-Lab connects capital with creative people who make a profit and make a difference. Upstart launched in 2016 to unlock impact investment for the creative economy with a focus on ethical fashion, sustainable food, social impact media, and other creative industries. Upstart Co-Lab’s accomplishments have been written about in The New York Times, Fast Company, the Financial Times, Forbes, and Barron’s.
Now Upstart is launching the Inclusive Creative Economy Strategy, a $100 million portfolio of funds and companies comprising the first impact investment strategy for the U.S. creative economy. Upstart’s approach will prioritize BIPOC and women entrepreneurs leading companies in creative industries, and deliver people-focused impact: quality jobs, vibrant communities, and sustainable creative lives. In tandem, Upstart will conduct an influence strategy focused on unlocking artists, art patrons and endowed cultural institutions as a new cohort of impact investors, and the creative sector as a new source of impact capital. Read Barron’s Future Returns: Upstart Co-Lab to Create Inclusive Creative Economy Fund to learn more.
The Impact Investing Coordinator will play a key role in securing impact investment and grant commitments from foundations, donor advised funds and endowed nonprofit arts organizations through individual outreach and special events. In addition, the Impact Investing Coordinator will staff the Investment Committee for the Inclusive Creative Economy Strategy. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual interested in impact investor client relations and fundraising; interested in helping to launch a new impact investing fund; and seeking a wide-ranging introduction to the impact investing sector.
● manage relationships with impact investors and funders
● draft correspondence
● participate in investor calls and meetings
● track all engagements with committed and prospective investors and funders
● provide administrative support for the Investment Committee
● support preparation of IC meeting agendas and materials
● attend Investment Committee meetings and prepare meeting minutes
● manage invitations and RSVPs
● provide on-site event support
On an as-needed basis:
● manage Upstart social media presence and communications
● liaise with developers to maintain Upstart website
● maintain customer relationship management database (CRM)
● manage schedule for Founding Partner and team
● process invoices and reimbursements
The ideal candidate is a 4 year college graduate with at least 2 years of work experience in a busy, mission-driven, professional office environment. Experience with investor relations, client relations, partnerships management and major donors a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Keynote plus strong writing skills required. The candidate must be highly self-directed and able manage multiple responsibilities, and work well as part of a team. Upstart offers a start-up environment with opportunities to take significant responsibility, and demonstrate leadership.
This is full-time position with $75,000 annual compensation plus benefits including 6 weeks vacation.