Impact Investing Intern – Spring 2022
- Boston, MA or Remote
- Job Type
- Internship, Part-time
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please submit your resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Impact Investing Intern”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Where to Apply
Are you an undergraduate student or a recent college graduate passionate about the power of investing to change the world?
We are seeking a dynamic, values-driven Intern to join our Research Team.
CapShift is a mission-driven growth company working at the intersection of finance and impact to unlock the $1 trillion of charitable assets in the U.S. for impact investments into funds and enterprises. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a culture of personal development, creative freedom, and the partnership of a dedicated group of teammates. Our aim is to help mobilize billions of dollars of investment capital to organizations tackling major social and environmental challenges.
* Primary responsibility is supporting the robustness and quality of our Salesforce database of investment opportunities across asset classes, sectors, and geographies
* There will also be the opportunity to also take on (or create) other projects that help drive the team’s success
* Expected weekly time commitment is 10-20 hours a week, depending on your availability
* Curious and passionate about impact investing: We do not require prior work experience and encourage learning about the industry through a variety of methods, including self-initiated research.
* Able to learn and adapt quickly: We’ll provide the training to help you learn in this role, and you provide the energy and drive to grow and succeed.
* Responsible and eager to take initiative: We’re a small team with a lot to do, so we will rely on you to manage your own projects (with our help) and pursue new project ideas to help us improve.
* Finely attuned to detail: Strong proofreading skills, careful to double-check your work, and able to follow complex instructions? You’ve got what we’re looking for!
* Upbeat and a team player: Supporting each other’s work is an integral part of our team culture, and we like to have fun doing it.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking exposure to impact investing, financial services, and the dynamism of a fast-growing mission-driven startup.
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the company.
CapShift aims to make it easier for families to build impact investment portfolios through their trusted advisors and financial institutions. Since its founding, CapShift has mobilized capital into dozens of high impact funds and enterprises providing solutions to global issues such as climate, health, racial justice, and income inequality.
CapShift’s impact investing platform combines software, research, and advisory covering over 1,000 leading impact investment funds and enterprises across public, private, and nonprofit investment and recoverable grant segments.
CapShift is targeting the $1 trillion charitable investment market, and currently work with many leading donor advised fund providers including Vanguard Charitable, National Philanthropic Trust, and Chicago Community Trust. Its suite of solutions makes it easy to source, diligence, deploy, and monitor implement impact portfolios. Clients includes foundations, financial and philanthropic advisors, corporations, and family offices.
CapShift was founded by MissionPoint Partners, Jacques Perold, and Heron Foundation. Other investors include leading impact investing families, and include Jesse Fink Spring Point Partners, Gratitude Railroad, Brazen Impact, and Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment.