Impact Investing Intern
- Agora Partnerships
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Impact Investing Intern will serve as an integral member of Agora’s Accelerator Team during an exciting period of rapid growth. The Impact Investing Intern will play a key role in strengthening the Agora Investor Network and supporting Agora’s initiatives in Financial Innovation, with the ultimate goal of facilitating investment into the most promising and impactful enterprises in Latin America and the Caribbean. The Impact Investing Intern will report directly to Agora’s Senior Consultant, Impact Investing, and must commit a minimum of 20 hours per week for a duration of 2-3 months. The location for the role is Mexico City.
Given the nature of our organization, your responsibilities and expectations will include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Investor Research and Network Expansion: Conduct online research of potential new
impact investors in support of matching Agora alumni seeking capital with potential investors.
(This includes Equity and VC firms, family offices and local angel investors.) Send initial emails to learn more about investor needs and pre-screen those that warrant a call with Investor Relations team. Shadow introduction calls by Senior Consultant, Impact Investing.
• Investor Communications: Support the Senior Consultant, Impact Investing in creating
marketing and communication materials for the Priority Investor Network, which may include
review and creation of PowerPoint presentations, brochures, newsletters, mass emails and other specialized content.
• Investor Matchmaking: Continue refining the Capital Needs spreadsheet and leverage Agora\’s Salesforce database as well as personal knowledge and research to suggest potential investors for Agora entrepreneurs. The investors would be suggested as a list of potential matches to the company\’s consultant and Senior Consultant, Impact Investing, who then would work on revising the list to narrow it to a list of introductions/connections to be made for the company.
• Digital Access to Capital: Design together with Sr. Consultant, Impact Investing a digital
roadmap for the entrepreneur-investor connection piece of our program. This would leverage
recommendations and research done by a previous intern.
• Lead Salesforce Data Input: Track introductions and deals. Log investor introductions made,
progress in deal negotiation/closing, and deal terms. Develop reports/statistics to share with the team to help drive strategy.
We are seeking passionate candidates to support social entrepreneurs. Ideal candidates exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity, and perseverance. There is no single ‘ideal’ mold for this position,
yet we do seek the following qualifications in an ideal candidate:
• Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural competency;
• Adaptability, comfort with ambiguity, ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization;
• Strong work ethic and ability to execute on multiple projects at once;
• Excitement for and ability to work on teams and collaborate; and,
• Sense of joy and humor.
• Master’s Degree (recent graduate or in-progress) in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or similar field OR 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment services, and/or venture capital
• Demonstrated experience in data analysis and research
• Demonstrated knowledge and strong interest in impact investing, social entrepreneurship, and/or Latin America
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point
• Experience with Salesforce and cloud data management platforms a plus
• Experience in visual design a plus
• International work experience, especially in Latin America, a plus; and,
• English fluency and Spanish working proficiency
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• This is an unpaid internship.
• Start date: Flexible, Summer 2018.
• The Impact Investing Intern must commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week for the duration of the 2-3 months’ internship. We are open to part-time or full-time interns.
• Agora Partnerships will provide you with the following benefits: co-working seat at the Impact Hub in Mexico City, industry-related training, personal development opportunities, and exposure to Latin America development and entrepreneurship opportunities.
• Please note that you are expected to have your own laptop computer on which to work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a motivation letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Impact Investing Intern” in the subject line by April 29, 2018. The motivation letter should explain why you are excited for this opportunity, why you believe it is the right fit for your career, and what unique contributions you would make to the Agora Accelerator team. Top candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.