Impact Investment Analyst
- Innovest Advisory
- As a global business, candidates will work with our teams in Johannesburg, London, Guernsey and Jersey. You will ideally be based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Guernsey or Jersey. You will require the right to work in these territories.
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- If you’re interested in joining our growing and dynamic team, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com Applications close on 10th September 2021. Interviews may commence before the closing date therefore we encourage early applications.
- Where to Apply
Innovest Advisory is seeking a purpose driven and motivated individual to join their rapidly growing team to support their impact investment advisory services. The individual will support their client engagements with impact funds, private wealth and impact enterprises. You will be at the forefront of developing and assessing impact measurement frameworks across a number of sectors, in order to drive enhanced social and environmental performance of investment funds and companies.
This is an opportunity to become part of an innovative growing business working to improve the lives of people and the planet, especially in emerging and frontier countries, and to work towards the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Reporting to the Impact Lead, you will:
– Undertake research and analysis of development and impact investment issues, and produce research reports, analyses, case studies, and other technical and creative drafting.
– Support the deployment of impact measurement, management and reporting services on behalf of Innovest’s clients, utilising a range of relevant frameworks and implementing surveying and other data collection tools.
– Undertake funding/investor landscape analysis access a range of investment and impact thematics.
– Support to the development of theories of change, impact management frameworks and impact metrics for client engagements.
– Support the project management of client engagement including preparation of deliverables.
– Support to business development, including drafting proposals, capability statements, presentations, case studies and communications.
– Supporting the development and maintenance of internal systems, project management tools, databases, CRM management and client delivery templates.
BSc/MSc degree in a relevant field, including but not limited to: Development Studies, Development Economics, Sustainable Development
1-2 years relevant work experience in socio-economic development.
Experience and/or proven interest in sectors of socio-economic development including but not limited to: financial inclusion, agriculture, water, energy, housing, education, climate change and biodiversity.
Strong quantitative skills and competence with data analysis and visualisation, and a desire to learn tools such as Google DataStudio
Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of adapting your approach to suit different contexts.
Experience in a consultancy environment or a development institution.
Experience working in developing economies or for clients in developing economies.
Experience designing, testing and refining impact measurement, management or evaluation approaches.
Strong project management skills.