Impact Investment Associate
- Upstart Co-Lab
- NYC, Los Angeles, remote
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please email a CV and short cover note
- Where to Apply
Upstart Co-Lab disrupts the way creativity is funded. A non-profit that connects investors to opportunities for social impact in fashion, food, film & TV, and other creative industries, Upstart makes possible investments that deliver financial returns, provide capital for BIPOC and women entrepreneurs, create quality jobs, and anchor vibrant communities. Read about Upstart Co-Lab in The New York Times, Forbes , Barron’s, Fast Company, and the Financial Times. Upstart Co-Lab colleagues currently work from New York City, Los Angeles and Burlington, VT.
As part of the Upstart Co-Lab team, the associate will help
• build a community of impact investors who believe in the power of creativity
• track impact investment opportunities and trends in the creative economy
• analyze financial performance and social impact in the creative sector
• conduct research and report insights to the field
• pioneer a Creativity Lens for impact investing
Scope of Work:
• support business development for new Inclusive Creative Economy Strategy
• manage Upstart’s Member Community and Cultural Institution Study Group
• launch report of responsible investing survey of U.S. art museums
• contribute to creator economy research deep dive and report
• identify new creative businesses for investment pipeline
The ideal candidate is a senior analyst or MBA graduate with experience in venture capital/private equity fund management or wealth advisory — plus a commitment to impact investing. The candidate will be a strong critical thinker with excellent research and communication skills. The candidate must be highly self-directed, able manage multiple responsibilities, and work well as part of a team. Upstart offers a start-up environment with opportunities to take significant responsibility, and demonstrate leadership.
This is full-time opportunity starting ASAP, with $75,000 annual compensation plus benefits including 6 weeks vacation. Hybrid and remote work are possible.