Impact-Linked Finance Associate
- Roots of Impact
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Details below
- Where to Apply
As Impact-Linked Finance is gaining momentum, we are looking to expand our program
implementation team. Do you want to support us on the journey towards more effective impact finance? Are you eager to work in an agile and dynamic impact enterprise? Do you have what it takes to actively support our impact-linked finance team? If so, we are looking for you to join our enthusiastic and multicultural team! We are based in Frankfurt, Germany, with hubs in Berlin and Cape Town, South Africa. After an initial onsite onboarding we are open to explore remote work options worldwide.
ROOTS OF IMPACT: EFFECTIVE. IMPACT. FINANCE.
Roots of Impact is a specialized advisory firm dedicated to making finance work for positive impact on people and planet. We collaborate closely with public funders and impact investors across the globe to scale high-performing enterprises and innovations with strong potential for impact. As pioneers of Impact-Linked Finance, we are passionate about the most effective use of public funds and catalytic capital. While we are primarily working with investors and funders, we deeply understand and care for the needs of impact entrepreneurs, too.
We are looking for a dynamic and fast-learning candidate with a passion for social entrepreneurship, impact measurement and impact investing. The ideal candidate will bring experience in business and financial analysis of early-stage companies. Our future Associate will fill an exciting role that includes the following responsibilities:
• Support the implementation of Impact-Linked Finance programs and transactions including:
o Conduct background research and documenting findings
o Contribute to the design, structuring and implementation of transactions
o Liaise with partners regarding day-to-day implementation
o Prepare all relevant documents for decision making, monitoring, and reporting purposes
• Support in the development of guidelines and standards to further develop the Impact-Linked Finance practice
• Support on advisory mandates for donors, impact investors, and enterprises
• Contribute to keeping track of our impact and gathering user feedback
• Undertake administrative, communications and IT-related tasks
• Feed into advisory and executive education mandates
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
• A passion for making finance work for positive impact, and a desire to become an integral part of the Roots of Impact team and vision
• A post-graduate degree in Finance/Business/Development or equivalent training/experience
• At least 2 years of relevant professional working experience; experience in working with
impact enterprises in developing countries is a plus
• Proven business and data analysis skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; fluency in other languages
(particularly French) is a plus
• Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
• Attention to detail and a proactive attitude
• Curiosity, drive and comfortability working in different cultural contexts
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines while delivering high quality work
• Experience with financial inclusion, fintech, gender, or migration is a plus
• Experience in a consulting or advisory role is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a self-starter who wants to disrupt traditional finance and create effective solutions for scaling positive impact, we look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line “Application: Impact-Linked Finance Associate”. Please ensure that you include your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations and current and proposed place of residence in your cover email.
Roots of Impact is an equal opportunity employer. We deeply believe in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and disability. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities and are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please indicate this in your application.