Impact Management Associate
- B Lab
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
B Lab is a nonprofit organization that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Our vision is that one day all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world and as a result, society will enjoy a more shared and durable prosperity.
B Lab drives this systemic change by:
1. Building a global community of Certified B Corporations who meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.
2. Promoting Mission Alignment using innovative corporate structures like the benefit corporation to align the interests of business with those of society and to help high impact businesses be built to last.
3. Helping tens of thousands of businesses, investors, and institutions Measure What Matters, by using the B Impact Assessment and B Analytics to manage their impact — and the impact of the businesses with whom they work — with as much rigor as their profits
4. Inspiring millions to join the movement through compelling story-telling
B Lab is a small entrepreneurial non-profit, and this position is a great way to witness and participate in the creation of this new economy on the ground floor. If you have the passion for supporting our work, we have the vehicle. For more information, visit www.bcorporation.net, www.b-analytics.net, and www.benefitcorp.net.
B Lab is hiring a program associate for the Impact Management team. The program associate will be responsible for owning relationships with B Lab’s impact management partners and providing support, training, and advising in the successful implementation of their impact management programs. In addition, the impact management associate will support B Lab’s engagement team in developing and executing successful partnerships with organizations and companies engaging with the broader B Economy movement.
Core Job Functions:
Partner Relationship Management
• Managing partner relationships over the long-term, identifying potential opportunities for deeper collaboration with the B Economy, and ensuring mutual alignment of partner goals and objectives
• Training and advising partners (including large corporates, business networks, suppliers and investors)
o On-boarding and on-going training on B Lab’s tools, including the B Impact Assessment and the B Analytics management system
o Equipping partners with materials and resources to help them launch impact management programs (workshops, peer circles, improvement resources, etc)
o Adapting and creating new curriculum as needed
o As appropriate, provide strategic guidance to existing and new partners to ensure that they are achieving their impact management objectives
• Serve as an expert on B Lab’s standards; educate partners and their companies on the BIA impact framework and improvement opportunities for companies
• Troubleshoot tech issues partners encounter with support from tech team
• Train and equip partners on latest product functionalities and programs deployed by B Lab
• Support the recruitment of new partners by
o Supporting senior staff in developing partnership proposals
o Demonstrating the functionalities of the B Impact Assessment and B Analytics platforms
o Communicate value of impact management to all stakeholders, including directly to companies, B Corps, and our partner community – to secure partner buy-in
• Understand our users’ evolving needs and help B Lab translate them into concrete product solutions
• Become a resident “expert” on B Lab’s platforms, including the Impact App and B Analytics, and provide front-line troubleshooting for partners and companies that have questions about the product or experience technical glitches
• Improve the internal processes B Lab has to serve our clients, both companies and partners, through more efficient use of technology
• Optional: Develop an expertise in Tableau, B Lab’s Business Intelligence tool
Support B Lab and the B Economy
• Take ownership of key aspects of the impact management team responsibilities such as execution of impact, management of partner communications, and/or owning our knowledge management systems (as examples)
• Support all areas of B Lab’s activities, including certifying and supporting B Corporations
Core Skills & Capacities:
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and interests:
• Commitment to the vision of business as a force for good
• Experience managing external partnerships and comfort in engaging with clients at all levels of seniority
• Demonstrated project management skills, which in this context includes:
o Managing multiple projects and workstreams concurrently
o Directing and improving internal processes
o Passion for digging into details to problem solve and brainstorm
o Interest in program design
o Self-managing and able to coordinate people towards a deadline or an outlined process
• Strong analytical and research skills with a passion for understanding complex data sets and continually improving on how to communicate them
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Detail-oriented individual who can execute on multiple projects concurrently in a fast paced environment
• A people person who is comfortable presenting to external audiences
Preferred Qualifications Include
• Previous experience or personal interest in data visualization and managing complex data sets (Salesforce, similar CRM or data platform)
• Fluency in a second language
Annual salary of $45,000-$55,000 (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits. This role reports to the Director of Impact Management, Flory Wilson.
B Lab is a nonprofit organization that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for goodTM. Its vision is that one day all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the Best for the World® and as a result society will enjoy a more shared and durable prosperity. B Lab drives this systemic change by:
1. Building a global community of Certified B CorporationsTM who meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability;
2. Promoting Mission Alignment using innovative corporate structures like the benefit corporation to align the interests of business with those of society and to help high impact businesses be built to last;
3. Helping tens of thousands of businesses, investors, and institutions Measure What Matters, by using the B Impact Assessment and B Analytics to manage their impact—and the impact of the businesses with whom they work—with as much rigor as their profits;
4. Inspiring millions to join the movement through storytelling by B the Change Media.
About Working at B Lab
We treat our employees like family, because they are. And we treat our daily environment like a second home, because it is. Embracing uncertainty, we take initiatives and fail forward together. We take the work, not ourselves seriously – making ample time for fun along the way.
• Medical & Dental Coverage
• 40 Hours of Paid Time Off for Community Service
• Paid Parental Leave
• Educational and Professional Development Reimbursements
• Flexible Work Options
Cool Perks at B Lab
• Staff retreats and events
• Many lunches, team dinners and happy hours
• Kitchen stocked full with snacks
• Open and vibrant office space!
• A great feeling from working on products that have a huge impact
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.