- Innovest Advisory
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Send CV
- Where to Apply
|We are seeking a proven professional with a deep understanding of impact investing, socio-economic development, climate and environment, and sustainable finance to join us in the role of Impact Manager.
The individual will lead and/or support our client engagements with fund managers. You will be at the forefront of developing and assessing impact strategy and impact measurement frameworks across a number of sectors, in order to drive enhanced social and environmental performance of investment funds and companies.
This is an opportunity to become part of an innovative growing business working to improve the lives of people and the planet, especially in emerging and frontier countries, and to work towards the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.Responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will:
● Manage or support the delivery of client engagements, including developing impact strategies, theories of change, impact management frameworks and impact metrics for clients such as impact funds or impact enterprises.
● Manage or support the delivery of impact measurement, management and reporting for our clients, utilising a range of impact data collection methodologies, and bringing in expert analysis that draws up on best practises in socio-economic development and/or climate and environmental sustainability.
● Contribute to Innovest’s internal research and external thought leadership to expand our internal knowledge on a range of service offerings to key client segments including funds and corporates.
● Support business development, including drafting proposals, capability statements, presentations, case studies and communications.
● Manage day to day relationships with South African clients and generate new business leads from South African and international clients through strong networks and networking.
● Lead or support the maintenance of internal systems, business development tools, project management tools, databases, CRM management and client delivery templates, Identifying where process efficiencies can be achieved and taking initiative to develop new tools, templates or processes where gaps are identified.
● Engage with the social and environmental impact focussed ecosystem globally and in South Africa, representing Innovest and bringing network opportunities. This may include speaking opportunities in person and through webinars.
● Contribute to the leadership of Innovest’s South Africa team including technical support and team professional development.
● BSc/MSc degree in a relevant field, including but not limited to: Development Studies, Development Economics, Climate and Environment, Sustainable Development, Sustainable Finance, Finance or Economics.
● 8+ years relevant work experience in socio-economic development, sustainable finance or impact investing.
● Experience of design and delivery of impact strategy and/or impact measurement and management solutions for clients including for grant based and impact investment approaches.
● Professional experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis and reporting.
● Experience in sectors including but not limited to: financial inclusion, gender, refugees, agriculture, water, energy, housing, education, healthcare, climate change, environment and biodiversity.
● Experience in a consultancy, social audit/assurance or environment or a development institution.
● Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of adapting your approach to suit different contexts.Desirable Qualities
● Experience in investment management specifically private equity or debt, including due diligence or ESG
● Experience working in developing economies or for clients in developing economies
● Understanding of international standards and frameworks in impact investing, including regulation such as the EU’s SFDR
● Strong quantitative skills and competence with data analysis and visualisation, strong Excel skills and experience of or a desire to learn dashboarding tools such as Google Looker, PowerBI or Tableau