- PhilDev Foundation
- San Juan, Philippines
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Purpose and responsibilities of the role:
The Incubator Manager, closely working with the Mentorship Manager and UNDP ISIP Manager will be responsible for spearheading efforts to strategize and implement the PhilDev Incubation/Acceleration program with partner institutions; organize a selection committee and strengthen criteria for selection; recruit and select at least 24 mature social enterprises
with high potential to operate independently and scale up; mentor the incubatee startups in developing their products to a stage ready for investment by potential investors; manage incubator facilities, trainers, professional staff and associated budget. S/He will conduct a semi-annual Technopreneurship Lecture Series for SEs. S/He will conduct an annual workshop for
Incubator Managers to raise the TBI management standards of the Technopreneurship Hubs. S/He shall promote awareness of the incubation services, relevant business and community groups, and the general public, solicit support for incubation efforts, and identify opportunities for new partnerships. S/He shall coordinate the day-to-day operations related to the Incubation
program, ensuring appropriate equipment and materials are available for the successful operation of the incubatees, regular workshops are conducted, startup information are tracked, documented, and maintained in a database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of the Incubator Strategic and Operating Plans covering various sections such as program development, legal, operations, funding, facilities, budget, controls marketing and branding and reporting.
• Develop the program activities including recruitment and selection process, training curriculum development, incubatee progress monitoring, on-boarding, investor relations, marketing and branding, day-to-day incubator operations, performance metrics
and monitoring, and other activities.
• Direct the completion of the buildout of the Incubator facility in coordination with the Executive Director
• Recommend best practices for inclusion into the incubator program.
• Develop a database of applicants, incubatees, mentors, donors, and progress of Incubator graduates post-incubation.
• Conduct recruiting, scouting and evaluation activities to attract technology-based startups.
• Establish a Selection Committee and coordinate the selection process.
• Manage the incubatees through the program ensuring they stay on track.
• Support graduating incubatees in search of their fundraising and growth activities.
• Coordinate and schedule open-house visits for incubator managers from partner universities to provide guidance for incubator management techniques.
• Conduct training for Incubator Managers of TechHub incubator.
• Implement Technopreneurship Lecture Series
• Develop and implement a communications and marketing campaign, in cooperation with the ISIP Communications Officer
• Work with the Mentoring Manager and UNDP ISIP Manager to coordinate access of incubatees into the Mentoring Program.
Skills / Qualifications:
• 5 years of minimum experience in running an incubator and mentorship program
• 5 years of minimum experience in mentoring startups and social entrepreneurs is an
• Experience as an entrepreneur is an advantage
• Background in Business, Economics, and/or Science & Technology preferred
• Must be deeply connected in the Tech startup community.
• Strong project management skills with a proven background in problem-solving
• Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
• Strong participant/client focus, and a willingness to provide high touch service
• Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay ahead of things while meeting deadlines in a fast moving environment
• High level of self-initiative, creativity, perseverance, and flexibility
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal – both 1:1 and in large team meetings)
• Strong mindset for innovation, continuous improvement, and high touch “service”
• Strong track record for great partnerships and community building including ability to flex and adapt as needed