Innovation Data Intern
- Results for Development
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Contact Information
R4D’s internship program is designed to provide students and recent graduates with an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge and training about our programs and projects in developing countries as well as supporting areas of R4D.
Global Innovation Exchange (GIE), a tech platform, managed by R4D, is looking for an Innovation Data Intern, who has a passion for international development and looking to gain skills in data sourcing, data cleaning or quality assurance for technology platforms. The intern will help GIE contribute to its mission to helping social entrepreneurs fundraise more effectively and serve as a reliable source of innovation data to the global development community.
Internship Description and Educational Objectives: What you will learn during this internship?
R4D is seeking an intern to join the Global Innovation Exchange (GIE) team. The candidate will gain the following educational knowledge and training by the end of this internship:
· Understanding of the landscape of innovation funding in international development, including use of digital tools to support social entrepreneurs.
· Knowledge of how innovators and social entrepreneurs fundraise for their development innovations and what constitutes a strong digital pitch.
· Analytical skills to support high quality data for online platforms and execute a data quality strategy.
· Understanding of how technology platforms grow their content to create a vibrant online community.
· Best practices to engage social entrepreneurs through digital content (like email) and communications skills.
Responsibilities will encompass a range of tasks including, but not limited to:
· Sourcing promising content (e.g. funding opportunities) to share throughout the GIE’s community of social entrepreneurs.
· Data cleaning and working on quality assurance issues including submitting reports of site performance issues.
· Supporting ongoing data collection efforts such as preparing large datasets to be uploaded by tech vendor.
· Supporting GIE team to conduct data quality assurance tests of website content including innovation profiles on Global Innovation Exchange.
Eligibility & Requirements:
· Candidates should be college/university undergraduate students with less than 2 years of work experience; or graduate students with less than 2 years of work experience.
· Interns are expected to work 10-20 hours a week during the internship period.
· Proficient in Excel, and additional Microsoft Office suite of software.
· Clear written communication skills.
· Attention to detail and organizational skills
· Team player
· Ideal intern candidates should be:
o Enrolled in a relevant course of study including, but not limited to: International Relations, International Business, Marketing, Communications, etc.
o Passion or knowledge (preferred) of international development including innovation challenge competitions and social enterprise
· This is a paid internship and R4D interns will receive $13.25/hourly.
Awarding academic credit for an internship is at the discretion of your college or university. We are happy to assist you with providing appropriate information at your school’s request. Interns are responsible for making all arrangements for earning credit prior to the commencement of their internship.
· To apply, please visit our website and submit your resume and a cover letter.
· No email or telephone inquiries please.
Please apply directly on our website at: https://r4d.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=190&site=2