Innovation Network Senior Program Manager
- Living Goods
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
We have created a Community Health Innovation Network to research, test and demonstrate the viability of community based technical innovations. The Network will house and explore a wide range of initiatives that will integrate traditional public health interventions with technology and diagnostic software and hardware. We are seeking an innovative and dynamic professional to join LG as the Senior Program Manager.
The Senior Program Manager will work closely with both LG internal resources and external partners to ensure the flawless execution of Innovation Network projects. You will be an expert in effectively managing the numerous stakeholders and elements of a program. You will have primary responsibility for the management of all innovation network projects, with a focus on meeting project commitments, including communications with key internal and external stakeholders. You will provide direct supervision to project resources involved in the specific projects/initiative(s). You will own delivery against project plans, overseeing coordination across teams within LG and with our partners, identifying and managing risks, ensuring LG & Partners deliver against agreed timelines, budget and scope. You will support the leadership of the network and coordinate and operationalize the day-to-day management of the Innovation Network.
• Deliver a coordinated set of Innovation Network projects from design through implementation
• Develop and drive robust work plans outlining objectives, goals, timelines, tasks, and resource requirements. Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
• Manage project staff and resources including the budget; and ensuring a high standard of performance is delivered on all the projects.
• Design and own methods for tracking progress and managing risks. Take corrective action if necessary.
• Monitor progress on all projects and deliver timely status reporting to internal and external, e.g. the Steering Committee, LG Management, Technical Committee. Chair the Technical Committee.
• Remain current on key developments in the community health and technical field.
• Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to team members.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant undergraduate qualification with project management qualification, e.g. PMP, Prince2, PMQ etc.
• Minimum of 7 years of program management experience overseeing complex programs. Success in managing multiple technology projects is preferred.
• Broad knowledge of Information & Communications Technology (ICT) and its application.
• Proven ability to contribute and to succeed in a rapidly expanding and fast-paced organization.
• Exceptional analytical skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to adapt communication (verbal and written) to different stakeholders.
• Expertise in project planning and tracking tools. Expertise in the Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint is a must
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply through our applicant tracking system. https://livinggoods.org/
follow us @LivingGoods
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles
Living Goods (LG) seeks to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers by revolutionizing the way community health is delivered in the developing world. To do this, Living Goods not only grows its own business operations, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current partners include the governments of Kenya and Uganda, plus Care International, BRAC and PSI. Living Goods’ future success increasingly depends on the state of the art mHealth, communications, the latest mobile tools, apps and technologies to drive impact.