Intern, Communications – Global Impact Investing Network
- Global Impact Investing Network
- New York, New York
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return.
The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
The GIIN’s work currently cuts across the following focus areas that are designed to address the critical needs of the emerging impact investing industry.
1. GIIN Membership provides access to a thriving global community of organizations interested in deepening their engagement with the impact investing industry. The GIIN membership is composed of more than 200 organizations that have signed on to gain formal access to peer connections and industry information, tools, and resources.
2. Impact Measurement and Management is a critical component of impact investment. To support coordinated impact measurement across the field, the GIIN oversees IRIS, a catalog of generally-accepted performance metrics that leading impact investors use to measure social, environmental, and financial success.
3. Investor Resources
a. The GIIN operates a training program to support the development of impact investing skills among fund managers.
b. Reports and publications developed by the GIIN provide public good information such as industry research, market data, and case studies of successful practice.
c. The GIIN hosts ImpactBase, the online global directory of impact investment vehicles that reduces search costs for investors and fund managers and provides transparency into the landscape of impact investment opportunities.
4. Market Leadership initiatives of the GIIN include thought leadership campaigns, a bi-annual global conference for impact investors, as well as management of an invitation-only Investors’ Council for active, large-scale impact investors representing a diverse set of institutions at the forefront of the market. Additionally, GIIN outreach elevates the profile of impact investing by highlighting exemplary impact investments, industry progress, and best practices. The GIIN also disseminates research, informs conference and event programming, and promotes mainstream and social media coverage of impact investments and advancements.
About the Position
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Communications Intern to support the communications and outreach efforts of this fast-paced, growing organization. The GIIN is seeking a part time intern (10-15 hours/week) during 2018. The Intern will provide support on discrete projects for the Communications team, as well as limited general administrative support.
Candidates must have experience managing time-bound tasks and projects, and be organized, collaborative, and resourceful.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Monitor and keep track of industry news and events to support content creation for the “News from the Field” section of the GIIN’s website and social media
• Develop and maintain media binder to keep a comprehensive internal record of past GIIN media coverage
• Maintain inventory of content from speeches, interviews, and media coverage to ensure that GIIN spokespeople are conveying a consistent message in line with the GIIN’s brand
• Provide back-end support to the GIIN’s website by updating content for program team pages
• Salesforce administration, including contact maintenance and ad-hoc reporting
• Provide general, as-needed administrative support to the Communications team
• Candidate for undergraduate degree in communications, economics, public policy, international development, or another relevant field
• Previous academic, work, or internship experience in communications, consulting, finance, or another relevant field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Experience using a Content Management System a plus, but not required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, communicate effectively, and identify opportunities for streamlining processes
• Keen attention to detail and strong critical thinking skills
• Personable, engaging, and good humored