Intern (Project Associate)
- Desiderata Impact Ventures
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Desiderata Impact Ventures is a specialist intermediary that provides capital and capacity solutions to organizations focused on creating development impact in low-income markets and communities.
Desiderata’s mission is to create transformative impact in underserved communities by bringing in innovative sustainable approaches to solving critical development challenges. The firm was incorporated with a vision to transform the way we address global development challenges by bringing in a mix of innovation, rigor and dedication to see impact through. Desiderata is striving to build a strong, facilitative ecosystem for inclusive social ventures by improving efficiencies, strengthening capacities and driving cross-sector partnerships towards creating large scale impact.
Desiderata is seeking to recruit Interns (Project Associates) whose duties and responsibilities will include:
– Create product notes, conduct primary and secondary research and communicate with investors
– Analyze data to support the creation of industry benchmarks and financing models
– Provide ongoing support to the team for project/program implementation
– Identify and track project opportunities for business expansion by researching commercial databases
– Prepare proposals, concept notes and implementation plans for new projects
– Participate in knowledge management and experts’ database development
– Represent the company in various forums, conferences etc.
– Proactively contribute to marketing efforts
Interested candidates should have:
a. Master’s degree in economics, finance, international development, business management or other similar qualification with 2 years of relevant work experience
b. Strong analytical, research and quantitative skills
c. Keen interest and passion in international development work
d. Excellent oral and written communication skills
e. Willingness to take initiatives and lead them to closure
f. Proactive approach and ability to work with minimum supervision
g. Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
h. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is preferred
i. Willingness to travel
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing why they are interested and why they would be good candidates, attaching their CVs.
The internship is full time for a minimum period of 6 months
– The internship can be extended to a permanent position based on performance