- Nexus for Development
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply please submit your application here: https://forms.gle/gwPiCR3YihgSGn1u8. Your cover letter should address how you meet the key qualifications and requirements of this position by providing examples from previous roles. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until October 8, 2021. They encourage all qualified applicants – local and international – to apply.
- Where to Apply
Through various debt financing vehicles, each with their own specific mandates, Nexus supports the adoption of low-carbon solutions in the sustainable energy, clean water, and improved sanitation sectors across Southeast Asia. They support the scaling-up of early to growth stage enterprises that deliver positive impacts to both the environment and their communities by providing access to affordable, unsecured debt, typically inaccessible to SMEs in emerging markets.
Nexus seeks a dynamic and driven Investment Analyst to support the fund management activities of their innovative funds, with a focus on growing Nexus’ largest fund, the Pioneer Facility (see their funds summary: https://nexusfordevelopment.
The Investment Analyst reports to the Head of Funds and will also work closely with the operations team on post-investment monitoring and reporting.
THE OPPORTUNITY OFFERS
• Wide ranging experience in a flexible and dynamic environment
• Exposure to impactful enterprises, VCs and other early stage and/or impact investors, and development partners in Asia
• Opportunity to deep dive into the workings of an impact fund and help promising early stage enterprises to navigate through start-up financing
• Role Title: Investment Analyst
• Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia; travel envisioned in the future
• Reporting to: Head of Funds
• Term: Unspecified duration, contract under Cambodian law. Nexus requests a two-year commitment.
• Salary: 1,400 – 1,800 USD per month depending on profile and experience (subject to approximately 10-15% taxation; benefiting from local competitive cost of living)
• Additional benefits: Flexible work environment, Training allowance, 40 days of annual leave including public holidays, Annual flight home for international staff, Visa, group personal accident insurance, health insurance and travel insurance provided
The Investment Analyst opportunity is open to individuals who have at least 2 years of relevant work experience in investment analysis, SME lending, or international development finance. They are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
• Financial modelling skills and strong command of MS Excel – able to build and stress-test models, and explain key results
• Developed knowledge of reading and interpreting financial statements
• Experience in investment analysis and corporate finance in emerging or frontier markets is preferred
• Ability to take deals through the investment cycle with experience in preparing credit or investment memos; portfolio management experience a plus
• Strong interest in impact investing and up-to-date knowledge of available financing mechanisms and current trends in development finance and start-up investing
• Demonstrated experience in project management. Detail-oriented with high standard of performance
• Self-motivated, driven, and able to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy in a lean, start-up environment. Adaptability and perseverance are key!
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills – able to confidently work with a multi-disciplinary team and liaise with investees and co-investors
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written. Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Khmer or other Southeast Asian languages) a plus
ABOUT NEXUS FOR DEVELOPMENT
Nexus for Development (Nexus) works to lower financing barriers to low-carbon, clean energy and WASH solutions. They are based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with Southeast Asia as their remit. They collaborate with partners around the world to create and deploy innovative financing tools to scale locally-driven solutions.
They offer a niche suite of professional services including a robust in-house knowledge base spanning carbon finance, fund management, innovative finance, capacity-building and sustainability strategy. As an employer, they offer continuous learning and professional development.
Since their founding in 2009 by an alliance of development organizations, their expertise has evolved to offer a range of technical and financial services that support the impact and growth of their partners.
To achieve their mission, Nexus engages with various international actors including:
• Development practitioners (social enterprises, NGOs)
• Private sector companies and corporates, investors and donors
• Researchers, policy makers, international standards and associations
For more information, visit http://www.nexusfordevelopment.org/