- Partnerships for Forests
- Bogota, Colombia
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- If you are interested, please submit your CV with a cover letter through the link below, no later than July 12th, 2021 - 09am Colombian time.
- Where to Apply
Position: Investment Associate, Latin America. Full-time.
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Application deadline: July 12th, 2021 – 09am Colombian time.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. They work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, they have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. They also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
About the Partnerships for Forests Programme (P4F):
P4F is a UK-funded initiative that aims to catalyse investments in which the private sector, public sector and communities can achieve shared value from sustainable forests and sustainable land use.
By creating market-ready ‘Forest Partnerships’ that offer an attractive balance of risks and benefits for the private sector, public sector and communities, the programme aims to mobilise significant investment, principally from the private sector. The programme also supports demand side measures that strengthen demand for sustainable commodities, and activities to create the right enabling conditions for sustainable investment.
The initiative’s support is typically composed of a combination of financial grant and technical assistance to produce results where there is clear impact, value-added and levering opportunities to catalyse actions. Palladium is the key partner managing the technical assistance and grant-making facility for the programme.
The initiative has been financed in East Africa, West and Central Africa and Southeast Asia by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). In December 2017 UK approved an expansion of the initiative to Latin America, where the Department for Business, Environment and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) will fund the initiative up to July 2020, with possibility of time expansion for another 3 years. The programme operates in Brazil and Colombia, with a potential entrance in Peru.
For more information please visit: https://
*They are an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer, they value difference and equality, enhancing their organisational capability. They welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
About the Role
Palladium is looking for an Investment Associate who will be responsible for identifying, assessing, developing, and managing projects / investees. Specific responsibilities:
• Help identify the best opportunities for investment within the strategy laid out by P4F Latin America Regional Team;
• Conduct initial assessment of the potential of new projects to fit into P4F’s mandate;
• Support project analysis and design to bring it to the right approval level at the programme’s committees;
• Build and manage the relationship with the project owners;
• Monitor and provide support for the approved project as they accelerate its progression to full scale, impact, and economic sustainability;
• Provide a range of project management support related to the projects, including due diligence, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting, as well as contracting and procurement.
• Some business development work may be required.
Skills & Experience Required
• Work experience in a high calibre and international environment;
• Proven experience in applying quantitative, conceptual, and analytical problem-solving skills;
• Effective communication skill in Spanish and English, both verbal and written;
• Comfortable with significant client interaction and managing multiple partners;
• Understand private sector investor mentality and needs to help shape projects and promote private sector investment in them;
• Communications skill in Portuguese is desirable, but not required;
• Experience in consulting and/or investment is desirable, but not required
• Experience in the land use or development sector is desirable, but not required
• Experience in business development can be an asset.
• Experience with carbon projects development can be an asset.
• Availability for travelling to project sites in Colombia and Peru and occasionally general meetings around the globe.