- Capria Ventures
- Bangalore, India or Nairobia, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Apply directly on the link below
- Where to Apply
Essential Position Functions:
– Contribute to due diligence and evaluate direct equity investment transactions primarily at the Series A and B stages.
– Maintain and improve upon pipeline tracking and other investment systems
– Project manage co-investment transactions including managing processes on Asana, taking notes and sharing summaries, scheduling diligence calls, storing documents and investment agreements, etc.
– Create analysis and conduct research on markets, sectors, and other opportunities
– Support in data collection and reporting for pipeline and portfolio companies
– Participate in portfolio monitoring and management
– Experience both fund of funds investing and direct investing
– Engage with Capria’s network of 20+ funds and companies investing in 40+ countries around the world
– Gain visibility by participating in widely circulated thought leadership
– Attend exclusive industry events and workshops
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Competitive candidates for the Investment Fellowship will have a rigorous analytical background and strong interest in emerging markets.
– Financial modeling skills and high proficiency in spreadsheets (Excel and Google Sheets) are required.
– Language abilities and a demonstrated commitment to development finance are preferred.
– Experience managing multiple projects across global teams, with comfort working across timezones and different cultures (this role requires early mornings or late evenings 3-5x a week given the global nature of our team).
– Experience in a dynamic, start-up like environment or equivalent for 3-5 years is a plus.
– The best cultural fits are self-motivated, able to work independently on projects, and thrive working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Political Science or a related field.
– Investment banking, private equity, and/or venture capital experience preferred.
Note: The fellow role is an opportunity designed for candidates with 3+ years of relevant work experience and/or a Masters degree.