Investment & Finance Associate
- Azuri Technologies Ltd
- Cambridge, UK
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please email CV and Cover Letter
- Where to Apply
Join a team that is making a difference!
Azuri is paving the way in delivering next-generation energy to Africa to help the 600 million in Sub-Saharan Africa without access to main electricity to generate affordable, clean and reliable energy for their homes.
Azuri uniquely combines cutting-edge solar innovation, mobile payment technology and machine-learning technology into a small, affordable systems specially designed for off-grid homes currently disadvantaged by remote distances and lack of grid access. Customers have a stand-alone solar system in their house, with a panel, control unit including batteries and consumer devices such as LED lights, rechargeable radio and television.
Our pay-as-you-go model enables customers to pay in small increments they can afford and once fully paid, the system is owned by the household and all power generated is free of charge to them. Azuri has already delivered systems for over 150,000 homes and changed nearly a million lives in the process. Adoption of pay-as-you-go solar is growing rapidly and over 2 million people in Africa now benefit from this technology.
Our company and solar systems are award-winning. Azuri was recently named in the Global CleanTech 100 list and has collected numerous awards including the Edison Gold Award and UN Climate Solutions Award for its innovative technology.
Azuri’s vision is to create a level playing field where all African consumers can access and benefit from modern services and digital world wherever they live.
Your role in the team
As our Investment & Finance Associate, you will part of a growing Analytics team, and gain a deep understanding of the economics and cashflows of our PayGo business model, as well as its underlying processes. You will analyse the financial impact of existing and new initiatives, as well as recommended better solutions. You will continuously improve our risk management processes, which will help Azuri manage its growing customer portfolio and support our debt financing activities. You will work with various impact investors globally to design customised blended financing solutions and provide ongoing monitoring support.
• Financial Analysis: Maintain and refine internal financial models for all aspects of the business and analyse impact of pivots to the business model as well as the introduction of new products and services.
• Unit Economics: Analyse customer payments, credit defaults, and associated value chain costs to understand unit economics of different products and services, as well as analyse and manage risk of multiple diversified PayGo portfolios.
• Strategic Partnerships: Review opportunities with (existing) strategic partners, such as local distributors, marketing entities, grant providers etc including reviewing or proposing commercial agreements.
• Investor Relations: Build relationships and support fund raising efforts with global impact investors to design innovative growth financing solutions as well as provide ongoing reporting on social performance.
• Strong presentation capabilities, including preparing high quality pitch decks
• Expert Excel user, advanced modelling of business units / consolidated financials
• Experience reporting to external clients / investors regarding performance
Experience / Education
• 2-5 years strategy consulting / investment banking / industry experience
• Engineering / Science / Maths / Economics Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
• MBA / PhD preferred
• Cambridge, expectation of occasional travel, primarily in Africa.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.