- Global Development Incubator
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Job Title: Investment Manager
Location: Washington, DC preferred
Application deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Forced migration is the defining social crisis of our time. The Refugee Investment Network (RIN) works to bridge the gap between an increasing number of investors interested in refugee investments and the growing ecosystem of refugee entrepreneurs and ventures. RIN has established itself as the specialized investment intermediary that brings together the impact investing and blended finance communities to create long-term economic solutions to global forced migration. Its mission is to shift the political and social dialogue about the value of refugees and unlock investment deals that create new jobs and measurably improve the livelihood opportunities for refugees and their host communities. See www.refugeeinvestments.org for more information.
The RIN Investment Manager position is a unique opportunity to play an instrumental role in an early-stage social enterprise that is poised to build a vibrant refugee investment ecosystem. The Investment Manager will serve as RIN’s focal point for deal sourcing initiatives and market assessments for RIN’s priority countries. S/he will develop partnerships with investors, incubators, entrepreneurs, and key stakeholders to expand the field of refugee investing. Additionally, the Investment Manager will identify, analyze, and vet potential refugee investments, connecting suitable investees with potential investors. This position will report to the Managing Directors of the RIN.
Refugee Investment Landscape Analysis
● Conduct US refugee market assessment to understand the current business, investment, and policy environment for refugee entrepreneurs and businesses
● Manage in-country implementing partners to conduct country-level refugee market assessments for RIN’s priority countries, ensuring high quality of final deliverables
● Track opportunities, stakeholders, and potential investors as the refugee investment space evolves
● Build successful partnerships with potential refugee investors, incubators, entrepreneurs, and key organizations
● Identify and vet potential in-country deal sourcing partners and refugee investment deals
● Support development and expansion of RIN deals platform to showcase refugee investment opportunities
● Contribute towards the creation of RIN’s refugee investment training curriculum to educate current and potential refugee investors
● Facilitate refugee investment deals and support refugee investors in refugee investment strategy development
● Cultivate key relationships with current and potential refugee investors
Desired Qualifications + Qualities:
We are looking for candidates with a demonstrated interest and passion for the RIN’s mission and the global development space with the following qualifications and qualities:
● 5-7 years of experience in investment or financial sector consulting, specifically in emerging markets
● MBA/MA Graduate degree in Finance, Economics, International Relations, Global Development or related disciplines preferred
● Strong analytical skill set, with an ability to conduct research both collaboratively and independently
● Ability to source, analyze, and conduct due diligence on a diverse set of potential refugee investments
● Experience working with incubators, accelerators, and entrepreneurs in emerging markets is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application: RIN Investment Manager” as the subject line.
The Refugee Investment Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, gender, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.