Investment Manager Agrofinance, Africa
- Incofin Investment Management
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Incofin Investment Management (Incofin IM) is an international impact investor with more than 15 years of track record in promoting financial inclusion, particularly in rural areas and in the agricultural sector. Incofin IM develops and manages funds that invest mainly in financial institutions specialized in microfinance and SME finance in developing countries. The investments of Incofin IM target both financial and social returns. The assets under management by Incofin IM amount to USD 750 million. The portfolio under management includes investments in 145 institutions in more than 45 countries worldwide.
Incofin IM is one of the fastest growing fund managers in the area of microfinance and its adjacencies. The multi-national Incofin IM team has offices in Antwerp (Belgium), Bogotá (Colombia) Chennai (India), Phnom Penh (Cambodia) and Nairobi (Kenya).
To strengthen our team we are looking for an Investment Manager for Africa for our Agrofinance Portfolio. The person will be based out of the Nairobi, Kenya office.
1. Identify investment debt prospects in Africa in the agro value chain and with a special focus towards companies or association related to smallholder’s farmers.
2. Lead the due diligence of possible prospects with the purpose of preparing an investment proposal to the investment committee.
3. Lead the negotiations of investment conditions looking forward in obtaining the best return on investment for the funds.
4. Present and defend proposals before the investment committees to obtain its approval.
5. Lead the closing of transactions, together with the legal area (contracts), to assure that the conditions agreed are included in the documents.
6. Lead the investment monitoring in order to assure quality in the investment portfolio and the credit repayment.
7. Monitor the investment debt pipeline in order to assure the execution of the portfolio goals.
1) REQUIRED EDUCATION Master´s degree in finance or economics with specialty in agro or Agronomist with special degree in finance
2) REQUIRED KNOW HOW Technical domain of debt / loan investment; bilingual in English & French, other languages such as Portuguese would be an advantage ; good IT user skills ( excellent knowledge of MS Office)
3) REQUIRED EXPERIENCE 3 to 5 years of experience in working in the agricultural value chain ideally in investments and/or Technical assistance. Deep knowledge of the African agriculture context.
Important notice: Only candidates fulfilling these criteria will be contacted.
Incofin IM’s offer
• A challenging assignment in a fast growing multicultural company
• A high degree of job satisfaction thanks to Incofin’s social commitment
• A competitive remuneration
• Ample opportunity to develop within a dynamic environment and based out of an emerging economy
Contact person and job application: