Investor Relations Associate
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Email your CV to email@example.com.
- Where to Apply
The Investor Relations Associate will play a key role in their efforts to raise capital for climate and clean energy investments in emerging markets and underserved communities. This position will provide direct support to their CEO and Director of Debt Funds on their debt and equity fundraising goals, and play a key role in investor marketing and communications.
The role is well-suited to someone looking to build a career in climate and clean energy finance, who is highly organised with outstanding communication skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, and passionate about achieving scalable impact at the intersection of climate change and inequality. The Investor Relations Associate will be a go-to person to their CEO at a time where SunFunder is rapidly scaling and plans to raise a $300-$500m fund dedicated to climate impact. This is an exciting opportunity for someone willing to roll up their sleeves and excited to deliver; no matter how big or small the task.
The core responsibilities are:
– Coordinate outreach efforts to debt and equity investors, including identifying potential investors, scheduling meetings, organising their investor database, ensuring that their CRM is updated at all times (i.e. note taking and owning follow-ups).
– Support and coordinate investor and partnership due diligence process, including liaising with team members to draft responses to information requests, and coordinating (and participating in) due diligence site visits in E. Africa.
– Develop presentations and marketing materials to advance their debt fund and equity raise, and draft partnership proposals as required.
– Support board meeting coordination through scheduling, working with the leadership team to develop prep materials and participate in meetings to take and disseminate minutes, as well as coordinate follow-ups.
– Help to identify potential donor and catalytic investors, and support members of the leadership team to advance these partnership opportunities.
– Working closely with their Debt Funds Middle Office team, advance their investor communication and reporting by developing investor-facing updates, presentations and case studies highlighting the performance and impact from their blended finance debt funds.
What they’re looking for:
– At least 1-3 years experience after bachelor’s degree.
– Demonstrated commitment and knowledge on creating social, environmental and economic impact through innovative climate and/or clean energy finance.
– Strong interest in developing expertise in clean energy and climate finance sectors, and blended finance models to scale climate investments.
– Strong strategic communicator with excellent research, written and presentation skills.
– Financial analysis and modeling skills would be a big plus.
– Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities, problem solve and be 100% reliable to deliver accurate and timely deliverables.
– Takes initiative and proactively seeks guidance when needed.
– Energetic, positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, low-ego, entrepreneurial spirit and a good sense of humor.
– Willingness to “get your hands dirty” and perform less glamorous roles from time to time. There will be some “executive assistant” aspects of this role to help free up the leadership team’s time to focus on strategic priorities.
Competitive, commensurate with experience. SunFunder offers a unique work culture at an ambitious company that strongly encourages a healthy life-work balance, and an opportunity to work with a fun, passionate and talented international team.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30th, and tell us why you are the right person for the job (bonus points for brevity). Email title: “Investor Relations Associate”.