- The CAPROCK Group
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
What is iPAR?
iPAR stands for Impact Portfolio Allocation Review, an innovative tool which could revolutionize how impact is classified, analyzed, and communicated. A proprietary impact assessment and reporting framework, iPAR was created to help our clients understand the impact they catalyze with their capital. By categorizing impact intentions, anchoring investments in a clear geographical framework, and tracking ongoing performance, iPAR supports our ability to deliver investors deep insights into their portfolio’s impact performance.
The role will involve two primary responsibilities: 1) working within the existing impact team to further develop iPAR, and 2) managing the day-to-day responsibilities associated with the tool. See below for specific duties.
**The position will be located in our Boise office.**
The successful candidate will report to, and work directly with, Matthew Weatherley-White and Mark Gustafson, both co-founders and Managing Directors of the firm, who lead our Impact Investing team.
1) iPAR PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT
• Work with the team to continue the development of CAPROCK’s iPAR tool for internal use (i.e. upfront assessment and ongoing monitoring of impact investments, client reporting)
— Support the continued buildout of the back-end reporting database
— Help codify and streamline fund updates (i.e. metrics collection, ratings changes)
• Work with the team to pursue iPAR as a stand-alone application for external use
— Apply entrepreneurial zeal in the identification and pursuit of new revenue opportunities
— Leverage existing network within impact assessment community to explore new business partnerships
• Serve as an iPAR “evangelist” throughout the broader impact ecosystem
— Interface with investors, managers, practitioners, and other interested parties
— Promote widespread adoption of the approach
2) iPAR MANAGEMENT
• Impact due diligence
— Assist the firm’s Investment Team with manager due diligence, evaluating prospective investments’ impact strategies and associated risks
— Prepare impact profiles for use within the iPAR database
— Oversee the pipeline of potential impact investments across asset classes
• Impact assessments
— Compose in-depth analyses of impact managers for internal use
— Rate prospective managers using iPAR’s proprietary algorithms for Impact Strategy and Execution Risk scores
• Metrics incorporation
— Support the ongoing classification of impact metrics within the iPAR taxonomy
— Spearhead the design of our data in-take process, thereby assuaging the reporting burden experienced by most impact managers
• Impact Reporting
— Manage the quarterly impact reporting cycle
— Conduct quarterly calls with managers
— Prepare Impact Updates and Ratings Changes commentary
— Update and analyze incoming impact metrics
• Extensive knowledge of the impact space is required; if you don’t know what GIIRS, IRIS, and GIIN stand for, this is not the job for you
• Strong writing and communication skills; we will request writing samples
• 3-7 years of work history, ideally with a combination of finance and impact experience
• MBA or similar level work experience preferred
• Series 65 licensed (or willingness to obtain)
• Strong teamwork ethic and a solid sense of humor. We work closely together and laugh a lot.
• Competitive base salary & bonus structure
— Bonuses based on individual performance and growth/profitability of firm
• Company contribution to 401(k) plan
— Health, dental and vision benefits
The CAPROCK Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Please submit a resume, along with a one-page cover letter in which you proffer your reflections on the state of impact measurement, to firstname.lastname@example.org.