IR Associate Institutional Relations
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- HR Operations Associatejobsemail@example.com Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please type “IR Associate Institutional” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “IR Associate Institutional”– Marrero, Marc”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
1. Grant Proposal Development and Submission
a) Participates in grant writing and submission, including:
b) Gathering necessary data from relevant Root Capital program and operations teams.
c) Writing, editing, proofing, and gathering supplemental materials.
d) Packaging and submitting proposals electronically or physically.
e) Maintains detailed proposal data in Salesforce.
2. Donor Stewardship
a) Creates stewardship reports according to specifications of donor contracts, including:
b) Gathering information on program implementation from other Root Capital teams in Cambridge and field offices.
c) Writing clear and compelling reports on progress to date.
d) Participates in individual donor stewardship by supporting cross-departmental relationship managers’ and executive team members’ communication strategies.
e) Tracks stewardship needs for current funding relationships, maintains data in Salesforce.
3. Development of Donor Engagement Strategies
a) Identifies areas of overlap between our work and the interests of prospective funders.
b) Designs and produces relevant materials for funder meetings.
c) Assists in scheduling and organizing cultivation calls and meetings, attending meetings and making presentations as necessary
4. Donor Research and Cultivation
a) Identifies foundation funding prospects using funding databases, media, and web searches
b) Performs research on funding prospects, producing comprehensive prospect profiles and tracking data in Salesforce as necessary
Other tasks or projects as assigned.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position, and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this role.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4 years of work experience in fundraising, business, international development, nonprofit program or operations, or other related field. Public speaking experience is a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively deliver complex, technical ideas in a compelling form.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development/politics, business, or other relevant discipline.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and professional maturity; ability to work independently, think creatively, and know when to seek support.
- Collaborative work style and team ethic.
- Deep commitment to innovative solutions concerning the “missing middle”, particularly for small and growing rural/agricultural businesses in developing countries.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Fluency in French or Spanish strongly preferred.
- Passion for Root Capital’s commitment to worldwide poverty alleviation and environmental conservation.
· Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.