IRIS and Impact Measurement & Management Team SENIOR ASSOCIATE
- Global Impact Investing Network
- New York
- Job Type
- Full time
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
POSITION: IRIS and Impact Measurement & Management Team
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
A hallmark of impact investing is the commitment of the investor to measure and manage the social and environmental performance of investments. For instance, in support of this, the GIIN manages IRIS, a catalog of generally accepted performance metrics used by impact investors to measure their social, environmental and financial performance. The GIIN also supports its members and the wider industry through impact measurement and management activities, and the development of guidance tools, such as Navigating Impact, aimed at helping investors make the intangible social and environmental results of their investments tangible.
For more information about GIIN programs and initiatives please visit www.thegiin.org
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Senior Associate to play a key role in developing IRIS and impact measurement & management (IMM) standards and guidance. In this role, the Senior Associate will focus on producing IMM guidance materials for investors; organizing, mapping, and maintaining an evidence base of outcomes tied to relevant investment strategies; and refining and updating the IRIS catalog and usage materials. The ideal candidate for the role must have strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Support the development of portfolio-level measurement and analysis guidance
• Refine the IRIS catalog and related resources based on the 2017 strategy; support the development of new metrics and associated methodology, and write technical guidance documents, case studies, and FAQs
• Develop and maintain impact themed (e.g., gender lens, conservation finance, financial inclusion, agriculture, etc.) IMM resources and tools
• Develop and maintain evidence maps for priority impact themes
• Coordinate, respond and document IRIS and impact measurement inquiries and feedback; identify commonalities and surface trends as an input to the development of IRIS & IMM resources and tools
• Ensure ongoing alignment between IRIS and other leading impact measurement frameworks, methodologies and assessments
• Report to and consult advisory committees; Support logistics and develop materials for key convenings
• Support team-wide efforts to improve sophistication around IMM in general
• Coordinate with the communications team to produce supporting materials
• Coordinate with the technology team to develop and refine relevant technology and data infrastructure products
• Acquire knowledge of impact investing activities, interests, and needs of impact investors and other impact investing ecosystem players such as evaluators, analysts, and impact standards setters
• Facilitative reporting to Board, funders, and other teams at the GIIN for relevant workstreams
• Collaborate with team members of other GIIN initiatives to develop and/or carry out program activities
• Maintain and help grow the team’s use of Salesforce for stakeholder management
• Additional responsibilities as needed
The Senior Associate must be an analytical, organized, resourceful, and responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism, and a flexible and collaborative spirit. The ideal candidate will have a combination of standards development and/or impact analysis experience as well as experience with relevant impact investment themes and/or strategies. S/he is thoughtful and resourceful, and will excel in a highly professional, creative, performance-driven organization. Experience in high-growth organizations would be advantageous, but is not required for the role.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills, proven self-starter and the ability to work both collaboratively, independently, and with a virtual team
• Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
• 5+ years’ work experience demonstrating project coordination, content development, research, or analytical abilities
• Work experience in one of more of the following: monitoring & evaluation, ESG or performance measurement, data analytics
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Willingness to work in entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment and industry
• Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Salesforce, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Passion for social and environmental issues
• Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
• Exposure to the investment management processes
• Trained in a variety impact-related standards, frameworks and principles such as SASB, GRI, PRISM, GHG Protocol, UNPRI, etc. including those related social and environmental accountability
LOCATION: Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position is based in New York, NY.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 14, 2017
State “IRIS & IMM, Senior Associate, First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we strongly encourage early applications.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an equal opportunity employer.