- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Where to Apply
Based in Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 600,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa.
We are looking for an IT manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of the IT infrastructure within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs.
1. Management of all IT services, infrastructure, processes, systems and technology for the business.
2. Evaluating proposed new systems and designing of new ones to ensure only feasible applications are acquired and monitoring of new technical developments to make sound recommendation to Management.
3. Installation, monitoring and maintenance of on-site hardware and applications, including Servers, Networks, CCTV, PCs, laptops, phones, etc.
4. Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
5. Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
6. Assist with implementation of a new ERP system (Microsoft NAV) and any hardware or software requirements necessary for the setup. Work with the vendor team and project manager on integration of ancillary software’s with the ERP and any other setup needed.
7. Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to security and confidentiality.
8. Conduct role-specific training on tools and programs each team uses daily, and train new employees on proper use of hardware and software.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum 3-5 years of IT management experience
• Hands-on experience in systems administration, data security, network security and IT Support.
• Experience working with cloud-based systems such as Office 365, SharePoint Online, MS Azure, Google Suite
• Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI
• Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware etc.
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management Solutions such as HubSpot/SalesForce and Microsoft NAV ERP.
• Experience with Video Conferencing Solutions such as Zoom and Skype.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or a related field
TO APPLY: https://www.fuzu.com/company/