- Web Essentials
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- If you are interested, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information, please check our website or call us directly.
Reports to: Executive Director
Last Revision Date: 28 July 2015
The IT Manager is responsible for the secure and effective operation and maintenance of all IT Services, comprising of the local development environment, continuous integration and deployment infrastructure, hosting services and the office infrastructure. The IT Manager designs and implements technologies and standards to optimize high availability, redundancy and the security of the company's physical and virtual infrastructure including network, servers, computers, storage, databases and firewall. The IT Manager works closely with the Production Manager, Quality Manager, and Development teams to ensure that all systems are working optimally and new releases are promoted within the infrastructure landscape from development all the way through to Production. The IT Manager leads by example, is hands on working with the team, mentors team members, sets clear goals and prioritizes activities based on business requirements. Solid written and oral communication skills are imperative and the ability to work without direct supervision is required. To be successful, the IT Manager must be actively engaged in the business, gain consensus, have a customer service mindset, and drive results.
Representatives will perform related work as required:
- Manage the IT team in the administration, deployment, maintenance, development and continuous improvement of IT infrastructures, service delivery, operational practices and support services so that the team acts proactively and identifies areas of improvement to attain higher system throughput and reliability.
- Drive improvement of local infrastructure, development environment, continuous deployment architecture and hosting by further developing the automated provisioning of these services with a DevOps mindset leading to increased reusability, stability, transparency and security.
- Direct the daily operation and delivery of all production and support systems.
- Lead and manage the architecture, design and implementation of the server infrastructure to provide low latency, high-performance systems.
- Establish standard operating policies, procedures and best practices, including written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users; execute consistently, focus on operational excellence.
- Work closely with the Production Manager, Quality Manager, and the Technical Leads to develop and implement tools to support continuous delivery of working software (e.g. development of automation mechanisms for standardized development environments that foster continuous deployment processes).
- Lead the development and implementation of global information security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of information security and protection. Information protection responsibilities will include network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies, employee education and awareness, and more.
- Deliver continuous improvement in real-time identification and resolution of real-time problems. Bring a deep attention to process, training and actions necessary to support cutting time off of outages and issue detection, response and recovery.
- Establish and maintain appropriate operational tools, monitoring methods and site metrics and reporting to determine and track needs and trends for support, issues, and capacity. Review production reporting as necessary and make actionable plans for continuous improvement.
- Manage outages and events that impact client-facing services as well as back-office business support services. Develop escalation procedures to ensure reliable operations and response to incidents. Deliver improvements and changes as necessary to repair recurring issues and proactively identify and prevent other issues affecting the site operation or customer experience.
- Drive the Root Cause Analysis process for system, third party and application failures. Deliver actionable root cause analysis of issues and assists with delivery of results.
- Maintain close working relationships with internal teams and vendors to establish tight service level agreements, support and management methodologies. Regularly meet with counterparts to investigate better management and stability aspects of all parties.
- Manage all System Administration duties, including hardware procurement and disposal, installations, inventory, hardware standards, server / storage life cycles, account management, hardware repair and maintenance, backup strategy and maintenance, all system software installation / registration / patching, and configuration / access / power management.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, budget review, and searching for errors prior to sending client facing invoices.
- Work closely with Sales & Support departments to review and set pricing for IT services and oversee the successful implementation of quality IT services to our customers.
- Communicate regularly with management and all users of information services and systems.
- Manage and develop the team, including, training, evaluation, hiring, guidance, discipline.
- Ensure that all developers understand and follow the standards, practices, and tools used for the continuous delivery of working software.
- Keep current with the latest frameworks, methods, and technologies and introduce new technology solutions and implementations that meet business and system requirements.
- Demonstrate a consistent ability to drive projects to completion.
- Has the mindset of providing stable infrastructure and environments to support the development and delivery of high quality software for highest customer satisfaction.
- Has a focus on inspection and adaption for continuous improvement of the IT Department, the team, and all of their responsibilities.
- 10+ years experience in IT Operations, with 3+ years in IT leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar required. Have a strong understanding of Software Development, Linux & Networking Technologies.
- Must be an intelligent and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the team
- Must have excellent organizational, time management, and analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills are essential
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, with an attention to detail, in a fast-paced, growing environment, and to provide status reports and follow-up on projects
- Must have patience under pressure and a sense of urgency that puts the customer first
- Must have demonstrated experience in developing and administering complex strategies
- Must have a solid overall understanding of IT and security practices and trends