Jr. Associate, Strategist
- Pro Mujer, International
- New York City
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Shon Morris
Pro Mujer is a leading women\’s development organization that delivers services to empower women to realize their full potential: lift themselves out of the constant crisis of scarcity, run successful businesses, invest in their own health and wellbeing, and uplift their families and communities. Pro Mujer serves more than 250,000 women in Argentina, Bolivia, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru.
Over the past 26 years, Pro Mujer has disbursed more than US$2.8 billion in small loans, delivered primary healthcare services and health education (physical, mental and social), and provided business and empowerment training to women, transforming their lives and those of their children and families. Pro Mujer’s mandate for the next decade is to become a large-scale, sustainable social enterprise that delivers relevant and transformative resources and tools to women in Latin America throughout their life cycle. Pro Mujer employs nearly 2,000 dedicated people across Latin America and the US.
Jr. Associate, Strategist
Pro Mujer is seeking a Jr. Associate, Strategist that will be an important resource and supporter of Pro Mujer’s CEO. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the CEO, the COO and members of the Executive Team and assist with the implementation of key initiatives and strategic analysis to further support commercial success of the business. The Special Advisor will also work closely with the Executive Assistant to ensure the CEO stays organized, meets deadlines and provides continuous follow up on her tasks and duties.
The role will offer exposure to a broad range of key activities including business strategy, new business development, partnerships, operations, investor relations, and product development. The unique nature of this exciting role requires regular exposure to Pro Mujer senior management. In addition, this role will have significant autonomy to own and execute specific projects.
• Plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations by maximizing the President/CEO\’s time to best achieve the organization\’s goals.
• Collaborate with the various vertical business units within Pro Mujer to create analytical frameworks in order to optimize business performance and facilitate decision making (e.g. pricing models, growth and upsell opportunities)
• Exercises significant discretion to manage-up and ensure the smooth functioning of the President/CEO\’s schedule, travel and correspondence, as well as determining what issues require the President/CEO\’s involvement or notification.
• Evaluate new business opportunities (data/product partnerships, new markets, etc.) though a combination of discussions with potential partners as well as independent research and analysis
• Liaise with Pro Mujer strategic partners and maintain/grow current relationships while simultaneously moving Pro Mujer’s interests forward.
• Work on finite projects to support key decision making, including the creation of materials (often under short time frames) to support the CEO and COO (e.g., presentations for key meetings, public relations/conferences, donor and investor presentations).
• Ensures that President/CEO receives appropriate preparation for daily activities including providing research, background and briefing materials.
• Works collaboratively with the President/CEO\’s Executive Assistant to ensure efficient and collaborative support.
• Plans and facilitates regular staff meetings to help achieve optimal cross-departmental communication and collaboration.
• Supports the President/CEO in driving continuous improvement and tracking progress on various projects and initiatives.
• An analytical mindset, driven curiosity and ability to relate finding to implications for the business.
• Ability to learn quickly, exercise judgment independently where appropriate and differentiate between correlation and causation.
• Impeccable attention to detail, organizational skills and time management.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written, phone, electronic and in-person.
• Strategic thinker with ability to quickly pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics.
• Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals.
• Experience conducting high quality research.
• Good facility with number/strong analytical skills.
• Must be technology savvy, including but not limited to, excellent PowerPoint and/or other presentation software skills and excellent Excel skills for basic data analysis, pivot tables etc.
• Proficient with project management and team collaboration tools such as DropBox, Google Drive, etc.
• Drive, intellectual curiosity and integrity; excellence in maturity, judgment and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a continuously changing environment that demands flexibility and good.
• Strong leadership potential.
• Team player; no ego.
• Graduate degree (or in process) in business, corporate communications, public administration or a related field.
• Bilingual Spanish/English.
• Anticipated travel- up to 15%.
To apply, please submit to HR@PROMUJER.org your resume and a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, salary expectations and the name of the site where you heard about the position. Any applications sent directly to Pro Mujer staff will be disqualified.