- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Junior Strategist at Purpose, you will gain hands-on experience developing and executing campaigns, working with an incredibly diverse group of thinkers devoted to changing the world.
You will support the development and delivery of strategy workstreams and projects. Your role will consist of working with clients to conduct research and develop strategy, combining issue expertise and Purpose insight to devise the effective campaign interventions. You will collaborate closely with our Campaigns and Creative teams to bring the best of Purpose to each project. You will become fluent in Purpose’s participation frameworks and IP and will adapt them to diverse campaign goals. You will contribute to business development by supporting other Purpose staff in developing pitches for new partners.
You will work out of Purpose’s London Office and will report to senior members of the Strategy Team. The Junior Strategist role is a 6-month, fixed-term employment commitment with the possibility of extension.
In this role you will:
• Conduct research (primary and secondary) into a wide variety of issues, including the political, economic, social and cultural contexts that drive these problems
• Conduct analysis based on this research, identifying opportunities, risks and a clear strategy
• Learn and apply Purpose\’s frameworks and IP around public participation
• Create clear and compelling communications, from presentations and memos, to narratives and social media copy, depending upon the needs of the project
• Present work to clients in a clear and well-structured manner, and support senior staff to facilitate trainings and convenings
• Develop strong working relationships with clients and add value to relationships through constructive dialogue
• Support business development opportunities, including developing initial strategies in response to clients’ challenges, attending events and participating in BD meetings
We think you will be a successful candidate if you have:
• 2+ years of work experience, ideally one or more of the following: political or issue-based campaigning, brand or advertising strategy with a communications agency, social media and content strategy, journalism, or social entrepreneurship
• The ability to acquire skills and knowledge specific to an assigned project. – the motivation to “go deep” and become an expert on new and complex topics
• The ability to think creatively about this knowledge, imagining how it might come to life not just as strategy, but as stories, content and experiences for different audiences
• A can-do, self-starter mentality and an entrepreneurial approach to working within our interdisciplinary team
• Stellar communication skills, verbal, aural and especially written
• A strong work ethic, are organized and detail-oriented
• A deep commitment to our mission of addressing the world’s biggest challenges
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have
• Formal and/or structured on-the-job research & analysis training
• Experience in branding, communications or media strategy (Defining long-term strategic goals, target audience and insight, unique value proposition and differentiation, etc.)
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of colour, women, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we advise applying as soon as possible before the deadline. You can find out more about Purpose or apply on our website here: http://www.purpose.com/jobs/
Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilisation and storytelling to help the leading non-profit organisations, activists, philanthropies, and businesses engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change culture. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, technology, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organising, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Over the years we’ve helped to change hearts, minds and policy on everything from refugees, to poverty, to climate change.