Kiva Video Editing Internship
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Please apply directly at:http://kiva-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=194&company_id=16557&jobboardid=2445
Kiva Internship Program
Since its founding in 2005, Kiva Interns have been integral to Kiva’s success to date, contributing their passion, drive, ideas and expertise to help us expand our reach and make a real impact around the world. As a Kiva Intern you’ll partake in a variety of educational, social, and professional development events all the while learning volumes about Kiva and our place within the non-profit, technology, and microfinance sectors.
Kiva’s Video Editing Internship
Kiva’s is currently hiring for a Video Editing Intern for our August 27th, 2015 – February 12th, 2016 Internship Class. The position is located at our HQ in San Francisco. The position is part-time (3 days/week) and is unpaid.
The Video Editor Intern is responsible for collaborating with Kiva’s Marketing and Community Outreach Team to edit, create and manage engaging multimedia content. One of Kiva’s strategic goals for 2015 is to create more videos of the field and bringing Kiva borrowers closer to Kiva lenders. As the Video Editor Intern, you will play a key role in this strategic goal!
– Video Editing: Edit video content gathered from the field to create Thank You videos to send out to various Kiva Lenders
– Motion Graphics Design: Collaborate with Video Production Manager as well as in-house designers to create motion graphics using After Effects
– Videography: record Kiva internal events e.g. Brown Bags, All Hands Meetings, etc. and make available on Kiva’s Wiki page
– Kiva’s YouTube channel: upload and manage content presentable for both public and private viewing
– Ability to edit video using one of the following editing software: FCP 7, FCP X or Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
– Skilled at working collaboratively with multiple teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
– Is self directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility
– Ability to communicate results to Manager and in a fast paced environment
– Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate tasks at hand as well as foresee upcoming creative opportunities
– Someone with a “ready to help” attitude
– Strong commitment to ethics, honesty, and integrity in conducting business
– Laptop is a must and editing software is a plus
– Opportunity to join the team of the world’s first online person-to-person lending platform.
– Casual work environment- flexible office hours.
– References gladly given for successful participants.
Kiva Internships are unpaid and require interns to work at our San Francisco Headquarters a minimum of 3 days per week. We highly suggest you have the availability before submitting an application.
1. Have your resume and cover letter ready. Your cover letter should tell us why you want to be a part of Kiva, why an internship fits into your life at this time, and how a Kiva Internship will support your overall career aspirations.
2. Click the “New Resume/CV” button in the “Apply” box below.
3. On the next page, select “Upload a resume/CV document”, click continue.
4. Choose file: Please attach resume and cover letter as a single PDF Doc (2 pages, 1 doc). You must submit a cover letter along with your resume for consideration.
5. Complete the rest of the application.
6. After reviewing your application in Step 8, clicking “Continue” will submit your application.