Knowledge and Portfolio Management Analyst
- Job Type
- Part-time consulting
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following subject line: KM Consultant Application
- Where to Apply
Title: Knowledge and Portfolio Management Analyst (Consultancy)
Assignments: Solutions Incubator
Reporting Relationship: Solutions Incubator Client
Status: Part-time, Contract
We are the SEEP Network–a 35-year-young global development practitioner network, working at the intersection of humanitarian response, economic development, and social justice. As we look to a post-COVID future, we are questioning convention and reaching beyond our comfort zone, all with the intention to build back better with our members and the larger development community.
Our team dreams big, sets ambitious goals, and we deliver for our members and community with consistent excellence and quality. In line with this, we recently launched the Solutions Incubator, a unit at SEEP focused on customized solutions for our clients. We live our values, and we expect anyone coming into our community to do the same. Here are our core values.
We are searching for a Knowledge and Portfolio Management Analyst (Consultancy), who will be seconded to a Solutions Incubator Client. The Client is a long-time SEEP partner leading at the frontlines of global development. The Consultant will be assigned to a portfolio of work focused on Savings Groups and Women’s Empowerment Collectives across Africa. Given the complementary and expansive nature of the work, the Consultant will be in close and continuous collaboration with Solutions Incubator Client and with SEEP.
Specific components of the work include:
Women’s Empowerment Collectives Africa Programs Portfolio Analysis, Knowledge Management, and Communications Support
- Women’s Empowerment Collectives Africa Portfolio Management Support: Coordinate, collaborate and track activities related to the Solutions Incubator Client’s programming portfolio.
- Women’s Empowerment Collectives Africa Portfolio Knowledge Management Support: Creation of knowledge products that summarize key portfolio results and progress, background research, strategic approaches, and/or key communication and advocacy messages.
- Communications Support – Messaging, Presentations, Briefings: Coordinate thematic messaging and any communication for portfolio results
- Meeting Support and Coordination: Plan, facilitate, and provide presentation support and materials for important portfolio meetings. This may include drafting agendas, coordinating meeting or workshop logistics, organizing, and preparing key talking points from portfolio results, takeaway notes, and following up on action items
- Key briefings and programming portfolio workplans, draft correspondence, compiled preread materials, draft talking points, briefs, and/or PowerPoint presentations
- Meeting agendas, takeaway notes, and tracking log to manage action items and documents, workshop plans and execution
- Presentation decks, briefs, emails, memos and/or other documents that help to further the communication of the programming results to the Client
Women’s Empowerment Collectives Africa Programs Stakeholder Engagement, Analysis and Mapping
- Program Support and Guidance: Support facilitation and coordination across Africa Women’s Empowerment Collectives programming stakeholders, partners and other teams and create work planning tools and cross mapping of key activities or events
- Stakeholder Mapping and Coordination: Planning and coordination of Women’s Empowerment Collectives programming portfolio partners key outputs, results or findings. Attending meetings to assist with follow up of asks and actions.
- Desk Research/Landscape Analysis: Fact checking, synthesis of existing program generated data points, translation and consolidation of key mapping and landscape analyses for Africa Women’s Empowerment Collectives, analysis of specific country/ stakeholders/ partner women’s economic empowerment focused initiatives, with a focus on Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, and other select African countries; analyses may examine progress, gaps, fuse data sets, and align on key national priorities and global initiatives
- Thematic-specific analytical reports of women’s groups and women’s empowerment collectives programming portfolio
- WECs country analyses programming briefs
- Summative briefs on key policy developments, initiatives, and developments in donor aid; and/or highlighting client’s partners’ work
- Reports and/or landscape analyses on the donor landscape, emerging issues, and opportunities, and/or key partners and other stakeholders engaged in women’s empowerment collectives or women’s economic empowerment
- Synthetic documents drawing from recent research and publications, and/or grantee efforts
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Experience working in Africa and with African governments, civil society organization and international NGOs
- Experience & knowledge of core concepts of working with Savings groups or women’s groups in Africa
- Knowledge and research experience in a variety of thematic areas including: women’s economic empowerment, digital, social protection, cash transfers, livelihoods, financial linkages, digital, health layering, resiliency and recovery
- Experience on women’s economic empowerment programming
- Experience & knowledge of working with World Bank (Community Driven Development, Local Economic Development and Livelihoods programs on the African continent)
- Positive relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work across a range of teams and thematic areas
- Secondary data and desk-based research skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, focus and achieve efficient results in a fast paced and complex work setting
- Sense of humor
Level of Effort, Timing and Remuneration
- Applicants may expect up to 60% LOE
- This position will begin on or about June 1, 2021 and will conclude on or about October 30, 2022.
- Fair market rates commensurate with incumbent’s experience and work location
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: KM Consultant Application
- Please include in the body of your email 3-5 bulleted highlights of your qualifications relevant to this role, your daily rate, and earliest possible availability to begin this consulting role.
- Attach a CV and a brief writing sample (hyperlinks to writing samples should be included in the body of the email)