Lead, C & I Business
- Husk Power Systems
- Abuja, Nigeria
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply through the link
- Where to Apply
|Position Name: Lead, C & I Business
Division / Function: C & I
Location of the Job: Abuja
Reports to: Country DirectorAbout Us
Husk Power Systems (“Husk”) is an award-winning clean energy company serving rural India and Sub-Saharan Africa. In 2023, it was named “World’s Best Challenger Brand” in the energy industry and is a 3-time Global Cleantech 100 company. The company’s AI-powered rural energy platform provides 24/7 renewable power to rural households, commercial customers, institutions, and small factories. It also delivers a range of other products and services, including e-commerce and credit financing of branded appliances for home and commercial use, as well as community-based solutions for e-mobility and the agricultural value chain. Husk’s mission is to supercharge economic growth and social well-being in rural communities that are unserved and underserved.Benefits
Husk offers flexible working conditions with employee benefits that are in line with global best practices. These include clear career growth planning, transparent performance review and reward processes that are gender neutral, maternity, and paternity leave, gender-inclusive workplace conditions with special attention given to the safety and security of our women employees, 18-day annual paid leave, and family health insurance. Husk does not believe in micromanagement and encourages its employees to have a healthy work-life balance, giving them the freedom to manage their workload to be compatible with their lives.
Husk is seeking a C & I Business Lead to help expand its C & I business within Nigeria and across other parts of sub-Saharan Africa. We seek a business professional to take up the challenge of developing a wide range of functions and who will be committed to executing at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
The Lead, C & I Business is a leadership position responsible for organizing, motivating, and leading efforts to build the C&I business within the country and other sub-Saharan African countries. This role is ultimately responsible for the projects and operation, safety, quality, efficiency, and customer experience of solar and biomass installation projects for commercial and industrial clients. The Lead, C&I Business, is accountable for their area’s financial performance in partnership with the Country Director. Required to drive continuous improvement through operations in alignment with functional leadership. The candidate will have a track record of proven leadership abilities (communication, relationship building, training & and development, employee relations, performance management, etc.) as well as biomass/ solar industry knowledge. In continuing to guide various clients to the path of cleaner energy use, Husk Power is seeking to provide Solar Energy to large corporates, MNCs, and SMEs across Nigeria. This will be done through our unique Solar (hybrid) solutions being installed on multiple facilities and locations for such clients.
• Play a key role as a member of the Management Team in crafting a robust C&I Business Strategy.
• Work closely with the Country Director and other members of the Nigerian Management Team to deliver on business objectives.
• Support the optimization of various Husk NG activities to ensure best practices are entrenched towards more efficient processes.
• Support in driving “Best Practices” across the business. Once a “Best Practice” has been identified, ensure that the practice is visible nationally and to another subsidiary.
• Support in negotiating solutions, resolving conflicts, and providing solutions in the best interest of Husk Power Systems, and our clients and employees across the potential mini-grid (and other) locations.
• Lead efforts in the training and mentoring of new employees for capacity-building.
• Understand the priorities of the country operations and support the Country Team when necessary.
• Provide requisite support and inputs on building and aligning various company processes and policies according to global best practices.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Pipeline and Sales Management
Business Growth and Support
Required Skills & Attributes
Location and Travel
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Husk Power Energy Systems Nigeria Limited is an equal-opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We hire without consideration of race, colour, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.