Leadership Group Member, Ashoka Indonesia
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Rexy Josh Doradorjdorado@ashoka.org
Thirty-five years ago, Ashoka changed the framework of the social sector by introducing the idea that there is nothing more powerful than a bold, new idea in the hands of an exceptional entrepreneur.
We have built a fellowship of leading social entrepreneurs who catalyze irreversible social change through an innovative idea. Our network of Fellows is now over 3000 innovators strong and spans 85 countries. In addition, the field of social entrepreneurship has grown into a global force.
Ashoka is moving towards its next paradigm shift: a world in which everyone can be a changemaker, someone who actively and forcefully changes the patterns and systems around them for the greater good. We’re bringing together a team of entrepreneurs and builders around the world to help us get there. If this sounds like the kind of institution you want to help create, consider joining us.
We seek a highly entrepreneurial individual with strong strategic thinking skills, solid business and social sector experience, and a deep commitment to social change to lead and revamp Ashoka for the Southeast Asia Headquarters.
Ashoka in Indonesia has been our oldest hub in Southeast Asia for the last 34 years, and has supported 175 Indonesian Ashoka Fellows in tackling problems and changing systems. This is a historical opportunity for the South East Asia Hub to engage a larger community of collaborators, identify and mobilize the necessary resources and people to amplify the work of leading social entrepreneurs and changemakers in this new context.
This role will involve:
· Developing strategies and networks to select and support the work of leading social entrepreneurs in Indonesia and through Ashoka’s global network of Ashoka Fellows
· Developing innovative strategies and business modules towards fundraising for the South East Asia Headquarters to support the Everyone a Changemaker movement .
· Building partnerships between corporations and other social change organizations in order achieve transformative scale and an Everyone a Changemaker world together.
· Increasing awareness about Ashoka, social entrepreneurs, and the “Everyone a Changemaker” movement through strategic partnerships with changemakers from a diversity of sectors: business, media, academia, citizen sector, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
• Exhibit a history of entrepreneurship; they’ve started new organizations or changed the direction of existing ones based on their own, original ideas.
• Understand and resonate with Ashoka’s “Everyone A Changemaker” vision and its societal context.
• Operate naturally and confidently at the level of systemic and national change.
• Work intelligently across teams, geographies, and disciplines.
• Inspire trust and demonstrate strong ethical fiber.
We are seeking proven entrepreneurs who are looking to take their next step by helping build an international and entrepreneurial organization during a time of unprecedented growth.