Lean Data Administrator
- London, UK
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Acumen is looking for a highly competent, dynamic, and curious individual to join our global Lean Data team. This is a terrific opportunity for a candidate with 3-4 years administrative experience, strong organizational skills, passion for working within a high-paced and innovative team, and an interest in making a dent on global poverty.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services are enabling the poor to transform their lives. Founded by Jacqueline Novogratz in 2001, Acumen has invested more than $111 million in 104 companies across Africa, Latin America, South Asia and the United States. We are also developing a global community of emerging leaders with the knowledge, skills and determination to create a more inclusive world. In 2015, Acumen was named one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Not-for-Profit Companies.
About Lean Data
In addition to investing in companies, Acumen also works on initiatives that create wider change in the social sector. One of our leading initiatives is the development, execution and promotion of our cutting-edge social performance and customer insights data service called Lean Data. We built Lean Data to help companies more effectively listen to customers and to incorporate impact measurement and customer-centricity into business as usual. Using low-cost technology and methods, Lean Data gathers high-quality data quickly and efficiently, directly from end-customers. To date, Acumen has spread Lean Data across the whole of its own portfolio and since 2016, we began implementing Lean Data for external clients such as Omidyar Network, DFID/CDC, Injaro, SEDF, The Gates Foundation and others.
Acumen’s global Lean Data team is dynamic, multi-cultural, fun and committed and the Administrator will play two important operational roles. Firstly, as Executive Assistant to the Managing Director (MD) of Lean Data. In this role your responsibilities will broadly include supporting MD’s strategic relationship management with external stakeholders, communications and logistical support for client meetings, events and related activities. As the wider Administrator to the Lean Data team, you will support their day to day operations implementing and improving systems to enhance their effectiveness. This will include both personal effectiveness such as diary and travel management, as well as project execution including invoice processing and third party contracting.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Scheduling and Meeting Preparation:
– Arrange and ensure seamless run of the day to day schedules of MD
– Update essential logistical information (meeting locations, dial in numbers) so that all internal and external parties have complete and accurate information
– Coordinate and communicate with senior management and team member schedules to ensure monthly management meetings, weekly check-ins and other internal meetings
2. Travel and Logistics:
– Manage travel logistics for team trips to regional offices, including booking flights, accommodation, and scheduling meetings during the trip
– Assist with securing a variety of visas, forecast and obtain the appropriate medical documentation, passport pages, etc. in advance of international trips
– Support global Lean Data team in making travel and lodging arrangements when visiting London; streamlining the process
3. Administrative Tasks:
– Maintain presence at desk to efficiently and expediently respond to immediate needs of MD
– Prepare materials for internal and external meetings including printing and updating PPT decks, etc.
– Process all global invoices and contracts for delivery of Lean Data projects. This will require use of multiple online and survey platforms as well as direct payment to individual researchers
– Manage the day-to-day queries of hired researchers
Process monthly expenses for all London Lean Data staff as/if requested
– Liaise with London Office Administrator to ensure smooth administrative entry for new hires
– Lead efforts to manage and maintain the wider efficacy of the global Lean Data team
Follow this link to apply: http://bit.ly/2E9sFjg
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis