Lean Data Analyst
- Mumbai, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
LEAN DATA ANALYST
Acumen is looking to hire a dynamic self-starter with 1-2 years’ experience to join our global Lean DataSM team. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with good analytical, project management abilities, superior attention to detail, and a strong personal interest in tackling global poverty.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services are enabling the poor to transform their lives. Founded by Jacqueline Novogratz in 2001, Acumen has invested more than $114 million in 109 companies across Africa, Latin America, South Asia and the United States. We are also developing a global community of emerging leaders with the knowledge, skills and determination to create a more inclusive world. In 2015, Acumen was named one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Not-for-Profit Companies.
About Lean Data
In addition to investing in companies, Acumen also works on initiatives that create wider change in the social sector. One of our leading initiatives is the development, execution and promotion of our cutting-edge social performance and customer insights data service called Lean DataSM. We built Lean Data to help companies more effectively listen to customers and to incorporate impact measurement and customer-centricity into business as usual.. Using low-cost technology and methods, Lean Data gathers high-quality data quickly and efficiently, directly from end-customers. To date, Acumen has spread Lean Data across the whole of its own portfolio and since 2016, we began implementing Lean Data for external clients such as Omidyar Network, DFID/CDC, Injaro, SEDF, The Gates Foundation and others.
Who you are:
1. First and foremost, you are eager to learn and are an enthusiastic team player.
2. You enjoy a fast-paced work environment and the careful management and execution of multiple projects at a time.
3. You are able to follow processes carefully and implement new ones when necessary but you also sufficiently confident to spot areas for improvement and act on your initiative.
4. You are adept at working in Excel and comfortable making presentations on Powerpoint. You have a passion for working with data.
5. You are energetic and passionate about Acumen’s mission, and you are excited to grow by working in a innovative, collaborative work environment.
1. Managing execution of Lean Data Projects (60%):
– Preparing Lean Data project documents and processes including drafting the initial survey script and incorporating feedback from companies/ investors;
– Day-to-day management of research teams across India and South Asia, including assisting on researcher training, giving researchers instructions and context on company/project, ongoing performance management;
– Carefully reviewing data to ensure adherence to strict controls on data quality; and
– Experimenting with methods and technologies to increase the efficiency of Lean Data projects.
2. Data analysis, insights and storytelling (30%):
– Conduct analysis on qualitative and quantitive data;
– Create presentations that tell a compelling story and spur actionable insights;
– Find creative ways of engaging company and their staff with the data; and
– Where appropriate, explore adding context from secondary data sources .
3. Innovation and experimentation to push thinking on Impact Measurement and Customer Centricity (10%):
– As part of a global, innovative team, you will have the opportunity to influence how Lean Data is changing the way that social performance data is collected, analyzed and integrated into a company’s and investor’s decision-making
– You will also have a chance to create and drive interesting ways of analyzing and presenting data.