Lean Data Analyst
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Acumen is looking to contract a dynamic self-starter with 1-2 years’ experience to join our global Lean Data team. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with good project management abilities, superior attention to detail, and a strong personal interest in tackling global poverty.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services are enabling the poor to transform their lives. Founded by Jacqueline Novogratz in 2001, Acumen has invested more than $114 million in 109 companies across Africa, Latin America, South Asia and the United States. We are also developing a global community of emerging leaders with the knowledge, skills and determination to create a more inclusive world. In 2015, Acumen was named one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Not-for-Profit Companies.
About Lean Data
In addition to investing in companies, Acumen also works on initiatives that create wider change in the social sector. One of our leading initiatives is the development, execution and promotion of our cutting-edge social performance and customer insights data service called Lean Data. We built Lean Data to help companies more effectively listen to customers and to incorporate impact measurement and customer-centricity into business as usual.. Using low-cost technology and methods, Lean Data gathers high-quality data quickly and efficiently, directly from end-customers. To date, Acumen has spread Lean Data across the whole of its own portfolio and since 2016, we began implementing Lean Data for external clients such as Omidyar Network, DFID/CDC, Injaro, SEDF, The Gates Foundation and others.
Who you are:
First and foremost, you are eager to learn and are an enthusiastic team player. You enjoy a fast-paced work environment and the careful management and execution of multiple projects at a time. You are able to follow processes carefully and implement new ones when necessary but you also sufficiently confident to spot areas for improvement and act on your initiative. You are comfortable working in Excel and PowerPoint and have a basic background in data analysis. You are energetic and passionate about Acumen’s mission, and you are excited to grow by working in a innovative, collaborative work environment.
You must have authorization to work in Kenya on a permanent basis.
1. Managing execution of Lean Data:
– Preparing Lean Data projects including drafting the initial survey script and incorporating feedback from companies;
– Creating an Excel database with the correct logic flow, instructions, dropdown menus and quality control functions;
– Experimenting with methods and technologies across East and West Africa to increase the efficiency of Lean Data projects.
2. Day-to-day management of research teams across Africa:
– Managing resources for projects and selecting the right team based on availability
– Giving researchers instructions and context on the company/project and following up with them regularly to check progress
– Conducting detailed reviews of researchers’ databases every week to ensure data quality
3. Data analysis, interpretation and storytelling
– Conduct basic analysis on qualitative and quantitive data
– Create presentations that tell a compelling story and spur actionable insights
Please follow this link to apply: https://bit.ly/2JaI9FW
The deadline for applications is Friday June 15th, 2018. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.