Lean Data Associate
- London, UK
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
LEAN DATA ASSOCIATE
Acumen is looking for a dynamic self-starter with 2-4 years’ experience who has strong project management abilities, superior attention to detail, is action-orientated and has a passion for data and delighting customers. You will join our exciting London Lean Data team to support our Associate Director of Lean Data in delivering on Lean Data services for Acumen investees and external clients.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services are enabling the poor to transform their lives. Founded by Jacqueline Novogratz in 2001, Acumen has invested more than $106 million in 96 companies across Africa, Latin America, South Asia and the United States. We are also developing a global community of emerging leaders with the knowledge, skills and determination to create a more inclusive world. In 2015, Acumen was named one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Not-for-Profit Companies.
About the Role:
In addition to investing in companies, Acumen also works with companies to support their growth and their ability to have a meaningful impact to low-income consumers. One of the ways we do this is through the implementation of our cutting-edge social performance and customer insights data service called Lean Data.
Lean Data, an approach to measurement designed specifically for social enterprises, helps build more impactful businesses by providing them with data on social performance, customer feedback and behaviour. Using low-cost technology and methods, Lean Data gathers high-quality data quickly and efficiently, directly from end-customers. To date, the Lean Data team has surveyed over 45,000 customers across 25 countries globally.
The Lean Data Associate will support our Associate Director of Lean Data. The role will afford opportunities for front line data collection, project management, and interaction with some of the world’s most exciting and impactful social enterprises and funds working across the developing world.
Specifically, the Lean Data Associate will:
Manage execution of Lean Data projects across multiple sectors and countries:
– Draft survey scripts for end-customers to collect actionable feedback to help social enterprises grow their business and impact
– Create data collection tools with the correct logic flow, instructions, options and quality control functions
– Create budgets and track expenses carefully for each project
– Conduct detailed reviews of databases to ensure data quality
Data analysis, interpretation and storytelling:
– Conduct analysis on qualitative and quantitative data
– Create presentations that tell a compelling story and spur actionable insights for the client company
– Conduct additional analysis to answer questions or focus on themes for learning, as needed
Support growth and development of Lean Data:
– Experiment & Innovate: Help the Lean Data team to constantly innovate our methods and approaches, for example testing new data collection methods such as via facebook / whatsapp
– Help data go further: Develop ideas on how we can help data become more actionable, through effective communications, stronger links to business strategy, staff engagement
– Partnership Development: Support proposal development, reporting, project management, and communication of existing partnerships to ensure client satisfaction
First and foremost, you are eager to learn and you are an enthusiastic team player. You enjoy a fast-paced work environment and the management and execution of multiple projects at a time. You are able to follow processes carefully and implement new ones when necessary but you are also sufficiently confident to spot areas for improvement and act on your initiative. You are energetic and passionate about Acumen’s mission, and you are excited to grow by working in an innovative, collaborative work environment.
More specifically, you bring:
+ 2-4 years’ professional experience; bachelor\’s degree is required
+ Superior detail orientation; proven success in detail-demanding roles
+ Experience analyzing qualitative or quantitative data, and synthesizing information
+ Proficiency with Excel is required; proficiency with PowerPoint is a plus
+ Curiosity and coachability; someone who is self-motivated and hungry to learn
+ Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; ability to prioritize and multi-task
+ Demonstrated interest in or commitment to tackling poverty, and/or social enterprise
Please submit a resume and response to the following questions here: http://bit.ly/2DqdTRd
Please explain why you think companies need to listen to their customers if they are to create as much social impact as possible? (MAX: 200 words)
Please explain the steps of a data analysis project that you worked on recently; what question or set of questions were you tasked with answering, what tools did you use, and what result or solution did your analysis yield? (MAX 200 words)
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; deadline to apply is Monday, January 15th, 2018.