Lending Operations Associate
- Root Capital
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
The Lending Operations Associate will work under the supervision of the Credit Process Manager to support ongoing credit process improvement initiatives. The Lending Operations Associate will be responsible for defining and documenting business process requirements, performing testing, controlling for data integrity, and preparing training resources and user/procedure manuals related to systems used in Lending operations. In this capacity, the Lending Operations Associate will play a critical role in ensuring smooth transitions between existing and new or enhanced systems and tools. The Lending Operations Associate will act as a liaison between regional lending staff and HQ-based IT staff to ensure lending team issues and needs are clearly understood and addressed. S/he will also have primary development and maintenance responsibilities for the lending intranet portal, ensuring ease of access to all templates, tools, and training resources for lending staff.
Mission and History of Root Capital
Root Capital is a nonprofit social investment fund whose mission is to grow rural prosperity in poor, environmentally vulnerable places in Africa, Latin America, and Asia by lending capital, delivering financial training and strengthening market connections for small and growing agricultural businesses. Root Capital clients include associations and private businesses that help create sustainable livelihoods by aggregating the products of hundreds, and often thousands, of farmers. Since our launch in 1999, we have provided more than $900 million in credit to over 600 small and growing agricultural businesses. Root Capital envision a thriving financial market serving agricultural businesses that generate long-term social, economic, and environmental sustainability for small-scale farmers and their communities around the world. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Root Capital currently has associated offices in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, Senegal, and Kenya.
Business Process Integration with Lending Systems
• Document business process requirements and process flows as inputs into design and development of lending systems and system features
• Coordinate business process requirement gathering and system design meetings across departments and between internal staff and external vendors
• Coordinate with IT across multiple platforms (Salesforce, Google, Box, Baker Hill, offline Excel/Word-based tools) to plan and ensure smooth integration between offline/online tools and systems
• Coordinate with IT to define test cases and perform testing on new systems/features
• Prepare historical data for migration or upload into new systems
• Prepare relevant training materials and system user manuals, and coordinate training sessions for global lending staff
• Make recommendations for new features as operational needs arise
Data & Report Management
• Perform periodic reviews of data and credit files to ensure consistency and compliance with lending policy
• Maintain master lending reports and dashboards in Salesforce / other systems and recommend improvements in how these are maintained / accessed
Lending System Administration & Support
• Act as primary liaison between Lending and IT to improve protocols for managing group and individual level access to systems, files, and data, as well as consistent and timely re-assignment of records in & across databases / systems when there are staff transitions
• Act as central lending system Super User, working closely with regional Super Users to act as “gatekeeper” for new ideas and to help troubleshoot problems or issues raised by regional staff
• Represent Lending Operations on Salesforce Council, to ensure lending needs are considered as org-wide tools are updated or interdependencies between departments are identified
Lending Resource Management
• Maintain Lending Department intranet portal, ensuring all tools and resources are readily accessible and easy to find
• Update and maintain an index of templates and tools used by credit staff
• Periodically seek feedback and inputs from lending staff to ensure satisfaction with and effectiveness of intranet portal
• Coordinate with other department portal managers to ensure consistency and best practice design of site
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in finance preferred
• 2-5 years’ professional experience
• 1-2 years in a position involving process / procedure analysis and experience with database structure, Salesforce a plus.
• Strong interest in and understanding of policy, procedure, data management best practices
• Familiarity with / comprehension of the credit process (due diligence, underwriting, loan structuring, loan closing & servicing, etc.)
• Self-motivated to independently learn new systems / technology
• Strong computer skills, especially with process-mapping programs (e.g., Visio), Google platform (e.g., Gmail, Drive, Sites), and databases (e.g., Salesforce)
• Strong organization skills with ability to follow up on pending items and to accomplish multiple tasks
• Within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to clearly articulate instructions for how to use tools, systems, etc.
• Ability to analyze systems, processes, and data to effectively formulate and present quality recommendations for improvement
• Fluency in written and spoken Spanish strongly preferred
Commensurate with experience.
Applications and Nominations
More information about Root Capital is available at www.rootcapital.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent “jobs+LOA@rootcapital.org”. Please type “LOA” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “LOA – Smith, John”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
Root Capital is an equal opportunity employer.