Lending Service Internship
- Vitas Group
- Remote on Central European Time
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Email CV and cover letter by April 23, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where to Apply
About Vitas Group
Vitas Group (“Vitas”) is a Global Communities enterprise established in 2006 to own and operate commercially oriented microfinance institutions. Vitas is niche lender in the small enterprise (SE) customer segment and the only impact investment vehicle of its kind in the Middle East region. A total of five companies in MENA currently operate under the Vitas brand – in Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Palestine, and Egypt – with a sixth subsidiary in Romania.
The Tech department of the organisation (SDS) developed a proprietary Loan Management Software called WebAbacus to serve micro finance needs to its six subsidiaries. This software has reached its maturity and have seen more than 1 million customers recorded in its databases. It developed over time highly specialised and dedicated features for micro finance industry and is flexible enough to be configured on premises or in the cloud (2021).
Vitas Group is considering launching its software as a service to market where it does not operate today and target MFIs and small banks willing to enter the lending for social impact & NGO sectors with a robust experience and price fitted loan tracker and management tool.
The scope of the mission is to develop the SaaS (Software as a Service) marketing positioning for Web abacus lending software.
Remote, able to meet virtually with colleagues on Central European Time
With the help of tech team based in Serbia, Vitas Lab Manager, HQ support in the United States, and Chief Digital Officer (the supervisor), the intern will do the following tasks.
Part 1 – Understand the market:
• Desk research on Lending Software as a Service in the Fintech industry
• Identify key functionalities that are killer functionalities in this industry
• Design competition landscape
• Identify different pricing models from competition
• Select Five vendors and organise demo with industry leaders
• Power Point presentation describing the Fintech lending as a service competition landscape
• Five vendors’ demo organized
Part 2 – Position WebAbacus offering vs competition
• List WebAbacus functionalities
• Compare to industry standards
• Design product offering as per modules based on best practise from the industry
• Power point presentation describing WebAbacus functionalities & features organised as per best practices from the industry
Part 3 – Marketing strategy
• Propose marketing positioning based on benchmark work from part 1
• Recommend B2B Vitas Fintech website functionalities
• Propose commercial contents based on best practise from industry
• PowerPoint presentation describing key functionalities of the website that SDS has to build, promoting the new product
• PowerPoint presentation describing a recommended marketing strategy to sell WA as a service
Business School/University/ (marketing or Fintech major) at MBA level
Experience in market assessments
Knowledge of current trends in fintech, with knowledge of financial services (and inclusion) a plus
Knowledge on how to define and design a marketing digital strategy
Excellent written and spoken English
Student will need to invoice her/his work to Vitas Group, a US based organisation
How to apply: CV and cover letter by April 23, 2021 to email@example.com