LGT Impact Fellowship – Global Fellowship Program
- LGT Impact Ventures
- Job Type
- Full-time, temporary
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
LGT Impact Ventures (LGT IV) is welcoming applications for the 2nd Intake 2017 of the LGT Impact Fellowship starting mid-July
Participants of the LGT Impact Fellowship work full-time for one year with leading social organizations or LGT IV\’s regional investment teams in Africa, China, Brazil, India, the Philippines or the UK.
Interested candidates are required to have the following basic qualifications:
Education and professional experience
• Undergraduate degree (MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field preferred)
• Minimum of 2 years relevant full-time work experience (excluding internships)
• Proficiency in English (additional languages preferred)
• Self-starter, keen to work independently with limited supervision
• Strong research and excellent analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; with an ability to formulate and present analysis and arguments in a clear, crisp and concise manner
• Good understanding of challenges and trends in low/middle income country development
Successful candidates bring
• Preparedness to make financial and personal sacrifices to serve the vision
• Willingness to live in a different country
• Direct experience working in one of our regions
• A positive attitude, sensitivity to other cultures and a strong commitment to making a difference
• The ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for own actions and for those reporting to them
• Flexibility, open-mindedness and the ability to constantly adapt to a changing environment
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and unforeseeable risks caused by an often unpredictable context
In addition, more specific requirements may apply to individual Fellowship roles.
Tasks & responsibilities
Dependent on the specific Fellowship role
Typical professional backgrounds
Finance, business consulting, marketing and communications, operations, project management, IT and data management, engineering, research and M&E, HR, product development and sales, process and quality management or legal.
For this Fellowship intake, candidates with investment management and data analytics backgrounds are encouraged to apply in particular.
Personal and professional development opportunities
The LGT Impact Fellowship offers exceptional personal and professional skills development by exposing its participants to complex and unknown environments at leading social enterprises primarily in emerging countries. The program provides a great opportunity to start or advance a purpose-driven career. The majority of alumni have been continuing their careers in areas where they are able to contribute positively to society (71% social sector; 23% private sector; 6% public sector). 78% consider the program as a helpful career step for professionals towards a more meaningful job. Our alumni work for well-known organizations like USAID, World Bank, responsAbility, WHO, CAF Venturesome, Pacific AgriCapital, to name a few; others started their own businesses like Impact Amplifier (SGB Consulting, Sub-Saharan Africa) or SucreBlue (diabetes treatment India) and some were able to join the LGT IV team.
How to apply
1. Register to the LGT Impact Fellowship Member Portal: http://lgtvp.force.com/icats
After your registration request has been approved, you become a member of the portal (only members of the portal can apply for the Fellowship Program)
2. Via the member portal, candidates can apply for the LGT Impact Fellowship (we only accept online applications)
For more information visit the Fellowship Website on www.lgtiv.com/en/fellowship
About LGT Impact Ventures
LGT Impact Ventures has evolved from LGT Venture Philanthropy (LGT VP), and targets both attractive financial returns and measurable, positive social and/or environmental impact. As a global impact investor we invest in scalable business models and help to build strong companies that provide vulnerable people with access to essential services and products in areas such as education, health, agriculture, energy, and information and communication technologies. Our aim is to improve the quality of life of less advantaged people, contribute to healthy ecosystems and build resilient, inclusive and prosperous communities. To date, we have invested and deployed over USD 73 million into 53 companies and organizations, and reached 4.2 million less advantaged people globally in 2015. LGT IV is the impact investing arm of LGT – the world’s largest privately owned Private Banking and Asset Management group with USD 134 billion assets under management. More about LGT Impact Ventures on www.lgtiv.com