LGT VP Global Impact ICats Fellowship
- LGT Venture Philanthropy
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- How to Apply1) Register to the ICats Member Portal - lgtvp.force.com/icats After your registration request has been approved, you become a member of the ICats Member Portal. Only members of the portal can apply for the Fellowship!2) Through the ICats Member Portal, candidates can apply for the ICats Fellowships. We only accept online applications.For more information on the registration and application process, visit www.lgtvp.com/FellowshipApplication deadline: 31st of August 2015
LGT Venture Philanthropy (LGT VP) is looking to nominate professionals for the upcoming ICats Fellowship intake starting mid-January 2016:
* LGT VP Investment Associate Fellowship: 11 months, full-time, in-the-field engagements to support LGT VP’s regional investment teams in its ongoing portfolio management activities
* LGT VP Impact Fellowship: 11 months, full-time, in-the-field engagements to transfer professional know-how in order to support LGT VP portfolio organizations to scale their impact
For more details on the different fellowship types, visit http://www.lgtvp.com/Fellowship
Personal and professional development opportunities
The ICats Fellowship offers exceptional personal/professional skills development by exposing its participants to complex and unknown environments at social enterprises in primarily emerging countries. Joining this program provides a great opportunity to start or continue your purpose driven career.
Development opportunities include:
* Entrepreneurial work environment with lots of opportunity for additional roles and projects according to the fellow’s interest
* Opportunity to develop a career through greater track record in the social entrepreneurship and impact investing area
* Exposure to a network of social innovators around the globe (including investors, entrepreneurs, foundations, technical assistance professionals, and development organizations)
Dependent on the individual fellowship type, visit http://www.lgtvp.com/Fellowship
Potential career paths after the ICats Fellowship
The majority of former ICats Fellows are continuing their careers in areas where they are able to contribute positively to society (71% social sector; 23% private sector; 6% public sector). 78% consider the program as a helpful career step for professionals towards a more meaningful job. Our graduates work for well-known organizations like USAID, World Bank, responsAbility, WHO, CAF Venturesome, Pacific AgriCapital, to name a few; others started their own businesses like Impact Amplifier (SGB Consulting, Sub-Saharan Africa) or SucreBlue (diabetes treatment India); some graduates were able to join the LGT VP team.
LGT VP Overview
Established in 2007, LGT VP is a global impact investor supporting organizations with outstanding social and environmental impact. Headquartered in Zurich with local teams in South and Central America, Africa, Europe (UK), India, Southeast Asia, and China, LGT VP is committed to improving the quality of life of less advantaged people in developing and emerging countries, specifically in the areas of education, health and sanitation, agriculture and forestry, renewable energy, and information and communications technologies. LGT VP supports portfolio organizations through financial capital in the form of grants, debt and equity, transfer of business and management know-how, and access to relevant networks. To date, LGT VP has invested and donated more than USD 50 million and sent over 100 ICats Fellows into 39 organizations that have improved the lives of over five million less advantaged people.
ICats Fellows require the following basic qualifications:
* Self-starter, keen to work independently with limited supervision
* Strong research and writing skills and excellent analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; with an ability to formulate and present analysis and arguments in a clear, crisp and concise manner
* Good understanding of challenges and trends in low/middle income country development
* Fluency in English and the local language of the region
Education and experience
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area; MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field preferred
* At least 2 years of relevant work experience (full-time after university, internships during university excluded)
* Direct experience working in one of our regions preferred
In addition, more specific requirements apply to the individual Fellowship types.
How to Apply
1) Register to the ICats Member Portal – lgtvp.force.com/icats
After your registration request has been approved, you become a member of the ICats Member Portal. Only members of the portal can apply for the Fellowship!
2) Through the ICats Member Portal, candidates can apply for the ICats Fellowships. We only accept online applications.
For more information on the registration and application process, visit www.lgtvp.com/Fellowship
Application deadline: 31st of August 2015
Location: South and Central America, Africa, India, Southeast Asia, China and UK