LGT VP ICats Program – Global Impact Fellowship
- LGT Venture Philanthropy
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
LGT Venture Philanthropy (LGT VP) is looking to nominate professionals for the Summer Intake 2016 of the ICats Fellowship Program starting mid-July
Participants of the LGT VP Impact Fellowship work full-time for 11 months with portfolio and partner organizations in Latin America, Africa, India, Southeast Asia, China and the UK to support their growth and scale their impact. The Investment Associate Fellowship with LGT VP\’s regional teams is not available for this intake since all positions are currently filled. However, there is a high demand for finance professionals with outstanding analytical skills from portfolio and partner organizations as part of this intake.
ICats Fellows require the following basic qualifications:
* Self-starter, keen to work independently with limited supervision
* Strong research and writing skills and excellent analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; with an ability to formulate and present analysis and arguments in a clear, crisp and concise manner
* Good understanding of challenges and trends in low/middle income country development
* Fluency in English and the local language of the region
Education and experience
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area; MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field preferred
* At least 2 years of relevant work experience (full-time after university, internships during university excluded)
* Direct experience working in one of our regions preferred
In addition, more specific requirements may apply to individual Impact Fellowship opportunities.
Typical professional backgrounds:
Finance, Business Consulting, Marketing and Communications, Operations Management, Project Management, IT, HR, Product Development, Process and Quality Management or Law.
Personal and professional development opportunities
The ICats Fellowship offers exceptional personal and professional skills development by exposing its participants to complex and unknown environments at social enterprises in primarily emerging countries. Joining this program provides a great opportunity to start or continue your purpose driven career.
* Entrepreneurial work environment with lots of opportunity for additional roles and projects according to the fellow’s interest
* Opportunity to develop a career through greater track record in the social entrepreneurship and impact investing area
* Exposure to a network of social innovators around the globe (including investors, entrepreneurs, foundations, technical assistance professionals, and development organizations)
Dependent on the specific Impact Fellowship opportunity
Potential career paths after the ICats Fellowship
The majority of former ICats Fellows are continuing their careers in areas where they are able to contribute positively to society (71% social sector; 23% private sector; 6% public sector). 78% consider the program as a helpful career step for professionals towards a more meaningful job. Our graduates work for well-known organizations like USAID, World Bank, responsAbility, WHO, CAF Venturesome, Pacific AgriCapital, to name a few; others started their own businesses like Impact Amplifier (SGB Consulting, Sub-Saharan Africa) or SucreBlue (diabetes treatment India); some graduates were able to join the LGT VP team.
How to apply
1) Register to the ICats Member Portal on http://lgtvp.force.com/icats
After your registration request has been approved, you become a member of the ICats Member Portal. Only members of the portal can apply for the ICats Program!
2) Through the ICats Member Portal, candidates can apply for the Impact Fellowship. We only accept online applications.
For more information visit the ICats Website on www.lgtvp.com/Fellowship
Established in 2007, LGT VP is a global impact investor supporting organizations with outstanding social and environmental impact. Headquartered in Zurich with local teams in South and Central America, Africa, Europe (UK), India, Southeast Asia, and China, LGT VP is committed to improving the quality of life of less advantaged people in developing and emerging countries, specifically in the areas of education, health and sanitation, agriculture and forestry, renewable energy, and information and communications technologies. LGT VP supports portfolio organizations through financial capital in the form of grants, debt and equity, transfer of business and management know-how, and access to relevant networks. To date, LGT VP has invested and donated more than USD 50 million and sent over 100 ICats Fellows into 39 organizations that have improved the lives of over five million less advantaged people.