Major Gifts Officer, Southern California Region
- U.S. Fund for Unicef
- Los Angeles, California
- Deadline for Applications
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more.
The U.S. Fund for UNICEF (USF) supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Reporting to the Regional Managing Director, the Major Gifts Officer helps to fulfill the mission and goals of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF. The team develops and executes strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward $10,000+ gifts from a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects. The Major Gifts Officer will have this charge within the Southern California Region, and may include other states under oversight of the office to include Hawaii and Arizona, and will manage a portfolio of 150 individuals.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Manage a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects in the market to generate significant support for USF
- Develop and execute strategies for each portfolio donor with the goal of securing a new gift, gift renewal or upgrade
- Secure one-on-one in-person donor meetings and solicitations to establish or strengthen donor relationships for long term support
- Solicit and secure gifts at the major gift level, including multi-year gifts. This will include identification, cultivation, and stewardship of high net worth individuals
- Assist with the planning and execution of a series of cultivation and special events in Southern California
- Manage councils and/or committees as assigned
- Shape and edit donor correspondence such as letters, emails, funding proposals, and reports
- Maintain accurate records of donor outreach and solicitation plans through regular upkeep of donor database
- Work collaboratively with the internal business units of the USF designed to assist the major gift program, e.g. special events, program services, communications, etc.
- Become knowledgeable on UNICEF’s vast programmatic needs for the purpose of effective donor stewardship, using available resources and opportunities
- Special projects and other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years of relevant work experience
- Must be a self-motivated professional with a proven success record in major gift fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be an enthusiastic team player
- Must share a strong commitment to international humanitarian relief and passionately embrace the mission of USF
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and have experience using a fundraising database
- Ability and willingness to travel in the interest of donor cultivation and stewardship, as needed
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, USF offers a comprehensive benefits package.
USF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
To Apply- Please Apply Online at:http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=755