Manager, Corporate Partnerships Development – Midwest Region
- U.S. Fund for UNICEF
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
Under the guidance of the Senior Director, Corporate Partnerships Development:
- Support the organizational plan for mapping, researching, and prospecting and securing corporate priority prospects within the Midwest region.
- With guidance from Sr. Director, manage key prospects and develop company-specific approach plans for partners $250,000-$1,000,000, which could include philanthropic/foundation grants, cause marketing, customer fundraising, sponsorship of USF campaigns, employee engagement, and where appropriate, may also include non-revenue activities in support of the partnership (such as CSR engagement, expertise sharing, etc.).
- Support the Sr. Director in pitching and securing of $2,000,000+ global partners in the Midwest region, including facilitating meetings, developing pitch materials, and prospect stewardship.
- Build relationships with key prospect contacts and develop and implement strategic stewardship plans and activities.
- Work closely with the Midwest Regional Director and Midwest Regional Board to leverage key contacts at priority corporate prospects in the region; serve as primary Corporate Partnership team liaison for Midwest regional office and board.
- Secure meetings, in collaboration with USF staff and national/regional boards members.
- Liaise, under the guidance of the Sr. Director, with UNICEF headquarters, National Committees and Country Offices, and internally with other USF departments.
- In coordination with Sr. Director and Corporate Partnership due diligence focal point, work with UNICEF colleagues to ensure partnership terms are in compliance with UNICEF processes and guidelines.
- Develop partnership concepts and guide creation of marketing and communications plan.
- Work closely with the Corporate Partnerships team, Marketing & Communications, Major Gifts, other USF departments, and with UNICEF to leverage all company assets in an effort to initiate innovative ideas and maximize opportunities.
- Collaborate with USF departments, including Marketing & Communications, Administration, Finance, and Global Programs and Field Engagement.
- Build sustainable and best practice partnerships with strong opportunities to renew.
- Support the negotiation of agreement terms and develop contracts.
- Map appropriate USF senior staff to peer contacts at prospect companies and include as appropriate in stages of the cultivation plan, ensuring relationships are built at all levels of the company, but especially with key senior corporate contacts to help advance partnerships.
- Work closely with the other members of the Partnership Development team and Corporate Partnership Management team in order to ensure partnership benefits and support are in alignment across the organization and there is a smooth relationship transition once contracts are signed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a partnership development or strategic partnerships role; mix of corporate and non-profit experience preferred
- Proven track record generating new revenue or successfully managing strategic partnerships
- Ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and styles, and experience working with contacts at all levels of Fortune 500 companies, including presenting to senior-level decision makers and influencers across business units and functions, including foundation contacts, as well as marketing/PR contacts
- Experience in Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Healthcare a plus
- Ability to lead internal and external meetings
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills; ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel to domestic and international developing country locations
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Understanding and experience with the stages of partnership development, from qualifying, exploratory conversations, strategic proposal development, negotiations and contracting
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
To Apply – Please apply on-line at:
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The U. S. Fund for UNICEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.