Manager, Customer Engagement
- Husk Power Systems
- Abuja, Nigeria
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply through the link
- Where to Apply
Position Name: Manager, Customer Engagement
Division / Function: Customer Engagement
Location of the Job: Abuja
Reports to: Country Director
Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities across rural off grid communities is at the heart of everything we do at Husk.
We design, build, and operate the lowest-cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and businesses, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025 and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
Honesty and Integrity; Act with discipline and integral to your job; Respect each other; Respect Human rights within our responsibility and contractual obligations. Frugal Innovation, Quality, and Reliability; Respect for environment, health, and safety. Excellence as an attitude; We shall align perception to a common understanding of performance rating and measures., We > I, Fail Fast and Learn Faster Continuous Learning.
Husk is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, or religion. Husk is committed to improving gender balance within its teams in Nigeria and globally. Female candidates are therefore highly encouraged to apply even if not all requirements are met.
Husk offers flexible working conditions with employee benefits that are in line with global best practices. These include clear career growth planning, transparent annual review processes that are gender inclusive, maternity, and paternity leave, gender-inclusive workplace conditions, family health insurance, and frequent training to assist the employees to grow in and to the next roles. Husk does not believe in micromanagement and encourages its employees to have a healthy work-life balance, hence giving them the freedom to manage their workload to be compatible with their lives.
Husk is seeking a Customer Engagement Manager, who will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to enhance Husk’s customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention. The individual will oversee the customer engagement function and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive customer-centric initiatives. Your goal will be to optimize customer experiences at every touchpoint and foster long-term relationships with our customers. This role involves developing strategies, extensive data gathering and analysis, setting goals, implementing CRM software, and creating benchmarks to ensure efficient operations and optimize customer experiences.
This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in Nigeria and India. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, be a team player, believe in Husk’s values, have an inherent curiosity to find creative solutions for problem-solving and have an appetite for growth.
• Lead Husk’s “Customer First” agenda to ensure focus on customer service in every aspect of operations.
• Be the Customer Champion to address and resolve all customer queries and issues through extensive cross-functional coordination.
• Lead projects to set processes to resolve typical and atypical customer issues, with benchmarked guidelines, SLAs, and accountability and escalation metrics.
• Drive a project to identify, finalize, implement, and maintain the correct CRM solutions for Husk’s requirement.
• Closely align with multiple business verticals on their customer touchpoints in line with the business’ customer service goals
• Develop and execute customer relations strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure exceptional customer experiences throughout the customer journey.
• Lead and manage a team of customer relations professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and support to achieve departmental goals.
• Own all channels and third-party relationships for customer communication across the on-ground and digital universe.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams from multiple businesses, including sales, marketing, collections, and O&M to align customer relations efforts with overall business objectives.
• Establish and maintain a customer-centric culture within the organization, promoting a customer-first mindset across all departments.
• Bring knowledge & insights and develop customer service KPIs in line with the top global customer practices.
• Build and maintain dashboards by using various tools to accurately capture customer satisfaction levels.
• Implement benchmarks such as NPS, CSAT, and CES to regularly assess Husk’s performance in terms of customer relationships and drive strategies to continuously improve scores across businesses.
• Champion CE as a key touchpoint of our end-to-end customer experience and a significant drivers of customer retention.
• Champion customer data management and insights generation processes. Bring precision and intense discipline to customer data handling.
• Analyze customer data and feedback to generate actionable insights and recommendations for enhancing customer experiences.
• Implement effective customer segmentation strategies and develop personalized communication plans to engage customers and drive loyalty.
• Monitor customer satisfaction metrics and KPIs, regularly reporting on performance and making recommendations for improvement.
• Foster strong relationships with key customers, conducting regular business reviews and seeking opportunities for upselling or cross-selling.
Required Skills & Attributes
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (in Business Administration in Mass Communication, Public Relations, or a related field).
• 5-8 years of experience in customer relations management, and customer engagement including customer service across product and service organizations.
• Fluency in Hausa and English required.
• In-depth knowledge of customer relations/engagement best practices, methodologies, and technologies, with experience in implementing customer-centric strategies.
• Experience in implementing and regularly using data processing, dashboarding, and CRM tools.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve departmental goals and deliver outstanding results.
• Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and insights to drive decision-making and customer-focused initiatives.
• Strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills, with the ability to handle complex customer issues and complaints effectively.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Required to manage customer engagement function to ensure 24/7 availability.
Location and Travel
This role is based in Abuja, Nigeria. Travel/availability is required for at least 7 days per month, to speak/meet with customers and obtain their feedback on a regular basis.
NGN300,000 to NGN500,000, based on experience.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Husk Power Energy Systems Nigeria Limited is an equal-opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We hire without consideration of race, colour, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.