- Global Impact Investing Network
- New York
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
POSITION: MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Global Impact Investing Network is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
The GIIN’s work currently cuts across the following focus areas that are designed to address the critical needs of the emerging impact investing industry.
1. GIIN Membership provides access to a thriving global community of organizations interested in deepening their engagement with the impact investing industry. The GIIN membership is composed of more than 220 organizations in over 30 countries that have signed on to gain formal access to peer connections and industry information, tools, and resources.
2. Impact Measurement is a critical component of impact investment. To support coordinated impact measurement across the field, the GIIN oversees IRIS, a catalog of generally-accepted performance metrics that leading impact investors use to measure social, environmental, and financial success. The GIIN also develops tools and guidance materials to support investors in their practice of impact measurement and performance management.
3. Investor Resources
a. Reports and publications developed by the GIIN provide public good information such as industry research, market data, and case studies of successful practice.
b. The GIIN hosts ImpactBase, the online global directory of impact investment vehicles that reduces search costs for investors and fund managers, and provides transparency into the landscape of impact investment opportunities.
c. The GIIN operates a training program to support the development of impact investing skills among fund managers in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
4. Market Leadership initiatives of the GIIN include a bi-annual global conference for impact investors, as well as management of an invitation-only Investors’ Council for active, large-scale impact investors representing a diverse set of institutions at the forefront of the market. Additionally, GIIN outreach elevates the profile of impact investing by highlighting exemplary impact investments, industry progress, and best practices. The GIIN also disseminates research, informs conference and event programming, and promotes mainstream media coverage of impact investments.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The GIIN is looking to hire a Development Manager in a growing, fast-paced organization to drive strategic fundraising efforts and manage key relationships with current and prospective funders, including donor agencies, foundations, and corporations. This is a new position within a recently established team at the GIIN, with an exciting opportunity to contribute to the organization’s next phase of growth. The Development Manager will report to the Director of Business Development.
• Develop and produce compelling grant proposals, in collaboration with other members of the Development team
• Manage overall proposal development process, including:
Collaborating with program teams, as needed
Working with the GIIN’s Finance and Operations team in budget development
Reviewing drafts and ensuring high-quality submissions
• Manage relationships with current and prospective funders; provide GIIN and/or programmatic updates as needed and handle funder requests
• Contribute to the cultivation of new grant or partnership opportunities, with an orientation toward strategic alignment and optimal outcomes
• Oversee grant reporting, including reviewing drafts and ensuring high-quality and timely submissions
• Manage Development Associate; supervise Associate’s work and support professional growth and learning
• Develop materials to strengthen the GIIN’s development efforts, as needed.
• Contribute to internal reporting, as needed
The Development Manager must have superb writing and project management skills, demonstrated relationship management experience, strong strategic thinking, and experience in a development function. Familiarity with impact investing and/or the business or financial sector is highly desired. The ideal candidate is adept at managing multiple projects at once and is collaborative, professional, and resourceful. He/She also shares the conviction that for-profit investment capital can effectively address social and environmental challenges. Experience in high-growth organizations is advantageous, but not required.
• Excellent writing skills, with proven ability to develop compelling narratives that effectively communicate goals and objectives and frame opportunities around alignment of interest
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience showing ability to manage projects and key stakeholder relationships
• Success working effectively with diverse stakeholders and balancing deliverables on multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously
• Passion for working on both the strategy and tactic for pursuing win-win opportunities
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
• Experience supervising direct reports with strong results
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
• Advanced degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred (e.g. Business, Economics, Finance, International Development, Policy)
• Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
FLEXIBILITY: Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY: Email cover letter and CV to email@example.com by December 2, 2016.
State “Development Manager_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.