Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Budgeting
- Evidence Action
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- ***If you are applying for a position at Evidence Action, please note that we do NOT accept emailed applications. All positions are advertised here: https://apply.workable.com/evidence-action/ and you must apply online there in order to be considered. Thank you!
- Where to Apply
About the Global Strategic Finance and Budgeting Team
Evidence Action’s Global Strategic Finance and Budgeting team is committed to empowering various programs to achieve their highly impactful goals. We achieve this by delivering insightful financial information, analysis, and reporting, aiding financial planning and budgeting. This includes evaluating new opportunities and initiatives through the financial lens, maintaining long-term financial plans, and contributing to ad-hoc projects that align with our financial strategy and support the organization’s growth. Our team thrives on respect and values diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We have cultivated a flexible culture that embraces change and new challenges, ensuring a vibrant and inclusive environment.
Evidence Action is seeking a dedicated Manager of FP&A and Budgeting to join our Global Finance team who will report to the Associate Director of Strategic Financial Planning & Budgeting. In this role you will be deeply involved in refining and improving financial planning and budgeting systems and processes, developing and customizing financial reports, and executing various ad-hoc financial projects, which contribute to the enhancement of organizational efficiency and impact.
Budgeting, Financial Planning and Analysis Support:(40%)
– Help develop our annual organizational budget and quarterly review processes.
– Help to consolidate and prepare the organizational budget and it’s presentation to organizational leadership and board committees.
– Support in streamlining current budget and forecasting processes.
– Collaborate with the Associate Director in financial planning and strategic financial analysis projects for daily work/ongoing programs.
– Contribute to long-term financial analysis and risk assessment of strategic organizational growth opportunities.
Financial Reporting, Systems and Processes Support (40%)
– Be the go-to person for the maintenance and administration of the organizational budgeting software (Vena Solution).
– Recommend and implement improvements for existing financial systems and processes.
– Support developing and maintaining customized financial reports and dashboards in budgeting software and Excel spreadsheets.
– Assist with preparing monthly and quarterly financial management reports for our leadership.
– Conduct ad-hoc financial projects and reports.
Grant Financial Proposals Support: (20%)
– Support the Program and Regional Finance Teams to develop financial proposals and budgets for donors.
– Help develop and maintain standardized internal templates for the financial proposal.
– Provide support in grant financial reporting and develop expertise in donor requirements.
– Engage with program finance and operations units to support standardized financial processes.
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
– 5-7 years of experience in finance, FP&A, or a related field.
– Proficient in accounting, budgeting, and reporting software (Evidence Action uses Intacct and Vena Solutions)
– Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Google Workspace.
– Proven expertise in financial analytics and strategic budget management, with ability to interpret complex financial and technical data into actionable, executive-level reports and decision-making tools.
– Ability to manage multiple projects and monitor deadlines. ,
– Ability to liaise effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
– Enthusiasm for Evidence Action’s mission and approach.
– Ability to travel up to 10% of the year, nationally and internationally.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for role to be based in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of a U.S. employment visa at this time.
Evidence Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 515 million people globally with our interventions. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.8 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 10 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across nine countries in Africa and Asia, our 700+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Over the next decade, we’re setting our sights higher: We aim to reach over 600 million people globally to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
Evidence Action provides a comprehensive benefits package for employees worldwide. Benefits include:
– comprehensive health insurance,
– retirement savings options,
– life insurance,
– generous leave,
– avenues for engagement and recognition.
*Benefits may differ based on country-specific regulations