Manager, Global Investor Network
- Proximity Designs
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Job Type
- Full time
- Where to Apply
We’re Proximity Designs, an award-winning social enterprise based in Yangon, Myanmar. We design, make and deliver affordable, income-boosting products and services that can double smallholder farmers’ income. Our products and services—irrigation and farm technologies, farm finance, and advisory services—are accessible to 80 percent of Myanmar’s rural population in more than 10,000 villages.
We’re deepening and expanding our impact across rural Myanmar.
We’re looking for ambitious professionals to join our global investor network team to help secure funding for our next phase of growth. As a Manager of our global investor network, you’ll raise debt, grants and equity, and engage with our donors and investors. We’ll also count on you to generate insightful analysis to help drive strategic decisions, and to craft detailed business plans.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of poor people in rural Myanmar, this opportunity is for you!
Meet your team
Managing our global investor network, you’ll lead an energetic, multi-disciplinary team of six plus individuals with a passion for impact, and strong empathy for our customers. You’ll immerse yourself in all aspects of our social enterprise, collaborating closely with senior management and our operations teams to understand our ventures inside out. You’ll also travel to villages with our dedicated rural staff to see how they’re delivering innovative farm technologies and services across Myanmar—did someone say jungle cruise in the Irrawaddy Delta?
• Play a key role in shaping Proximity’s strategy, including crafting business plans and performing fundraising analysis.
• Raise over US$6 million annually to fund our four ventures, and seek out a strong pipeline of new investors
• Review and negotiate contracts with our investors
• Nurture relationships with our existing partners, keeping them abreast of our progress and challenges
• Manage a tight-knit dynamic team, and collaborate closely with teams across our organization
• Travel to rural areas to meet Proximity customers, building a nuanced understanding of how our products and services are impacting rural families
Is this You?
• Business acumen. You’ve worked in business for a few years. Ideally, your previous gig was in the developing world and involved some type of social enterprise and/or financial experience.
• Show and tell. You’re a clear communicator and can write well. Whether writing a report, creating a bar graph or presentation, preparing a funding prospectus or explaining our business model to donors, you can easily explain anything to just about anyone.
• Think big. You’re motivated, care about pressing issues like deep poverty and learn quickly. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
• Empathy. You can put yourself in others’ shoes. You’re passionate about the social enterprise model and want to support innovative ventures that improve the lives of thousands of farmers across Myanmar.
• Team player. You work and play well with others, and enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
• Flexibility and patience. You can adapt to fast-paced and changing environments and work with a diverse set of people and backgrounds.
• Details, details, details. You pay attention to details and focus on quality and consistency.
Why Join Proximity?
• Learn firsthand how a social enterprise works
• Competitive salary with benefits
• Energize your career, travel around Myanmar and become immersed in innovative ventures across the country
• Work with talented, forward-thinking colleagues
• Collaborative office environment with an in-house café
Send us a note
If you are interested in joining us, write to us at email@example.com. This position is based in Yangon, Myanmar.
Position open until filled.