Manager – Journeys and Exposures
- New Delhi, India (with national and international travel)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Swechha, founded in the year 2001, is one of the leading environmental and social groups in India, focusing on sustainable development, equitable distribution and management of natural resources and education. Its contribution towards saving and building Delhi’s environment has been acknowledged by various stakeholders, including several governments of the world.
We strongly believe in the powerful combination of people’s potential and energy mixed with the knowledge and wisdom on issues of sustainable development. Our interventions hence, follow the pedagogy of intensive interaction with the citizens (especially youth, children and women) and the governments to engage them in the process of Change though Campaigns, Events and Programs. Our work in the last decade with adolescent girls and boys on employability and empowerment has found considerable impact and has been replicated by several national as well as international groups.
Swechha has an interesting array of initiatives that use travel and exposure as a tool to build knowledge, citizenship and leadership among the stakeholders. Our flagship program ‘Yamuna Yatra’ had its 25th expedition this April, a program that takes over 100 young leaders on a 12 day journey from Yamunotri to Agra, learning about ecology, sustainability and rural and urban dichotomy. We have had several national as well international Universities and Schools sign up for this program over the last decade. Similar to Yamuna Yatra, we have an interesting initiative called ‘Gram Anubhav’ that takes urban school students for a 5-6 day exposure trip to rural India where they live and interact with the rural citizenry and understand the challenges of the economy and infrastructure along with appreciating the backbone of our Indian society. Apart from these outstation programs, we have several delhi-based exposure visits and journeys, largely around natural resources and green hotspots. Over years Swechha has taken over 20,000 people on these journeys.
A youth led youth run organization, in the past two decades of work, Swechha has grown in its Vision, Programs and Outreach. Swechha strongly believes in the collective power of communities and its various programs are geared towards enabling communities to engage in sustained positive action. This involves development and facilitation of efficient and impactful collaborations with other Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), CBOs, Government institutions as well as national and international Funding Groups. For more details, please visit our website: www.swechha.in
B. Role and Responsibilities:
The ‘Manager – Journeys and Exposures’ is a leadership role with opportunities to work with a team committed to impactful change on ground. The position will be responsible for providing leadership to all our travel based programs and will work closely with our School and Outreach team. The position offers an ideal mix of hands-on job as well as experience of attending to senior management responsibilities in operations. Its an ideal mix of travel as well as learning position.
The ‘Manager – Journeys and Exposures’ must have a track record of working with young people with significant experience on concerns of sustainable environment and sustainable development. The person has to be a travel enthusiast, excellent at marketing and outreach and also good at facilitation.
The ‘Manager – Journeys and Exposures’ shall report to the Executive Director, Swechha.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Lead travel based programs of Swechha.
2. Develop new travel based programs and further the existing one.
3. Regular Monitoring of program progress and track budget utilizations, both at individual project level and for overall journeys and exposure portfolio.
4. Grant acquisition and management of financial and technical portfolio of travel based programs.
5. Take lead in development of Terms of Reference and identification of external consultants/ team members for travel based programs.
6. Ensure timely management of work plans and progress reports.
7. Develop knowledge of trends in donor and stakeholder interests, issues and preferences and pursue the same.
8. Team Management
The ‘Manager – Journeys and Exposures’ should be a travel enthusiast, a good communicator and an efficient manager.
C. Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
Graduate degree from any recognized university.
1. Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a management role of a national / international organization, preferably with a travel and leadership training organization.
2. Demonstrate expertise in project development and management, monitoring and assessments, team management, and ensuring program sustainability
3. Experience in building and handling multidisciplinary program team of members belonging diverse backgrounds, expertise, gender, age group and affiliations.
4. Demonstrate domain expertise in different themes of Swechha’s work.
5. Proven experience of delivering financial targets, operational activities and objectives is highly desirable
6. Experience of working in youth focus organization will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
1. Professional, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
2. Results oriented.
3. Flexible and proactive approach.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise confidently and diplomatically with donors and colleagues.
5. Ability to manage multiple activities and work to agreed deadlines
6. Organized and demonstrates a high level of attention to detail.
7. Ability to quickly understand new ideas and concepts.
8. Ability to work collaboratively with others.
9. Strong sense of ownership for quality of work, deliverables and service.
10. Active interest in national and international development issues
11. Strong IT skills including knowledge of excel and databases.
12. Fluent in English (verbal and written)
13. Committed to and respect for Swechha’s philosophy and body of work.
D. Compensation offered:
Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
E. Application deadlines:
Eligible and interested candidates are requested to apply online to email@example.com Applications must include an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected remuneration, by or before July 10, 2017. All application emails must contain subject – “Application for the position of Manager – Journeys and Exposures, Swechha”
Swechha is an equal opportunity organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.