Manager of Grant Writing and Reporting
- New York City
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Manager - Grants and Reporting, Last name, First name
- Where to Apply
TruFund – Job Posting
Manager – Grant Writing and Reporting
TruFund Financial Services, Inc. (TruFund) is a minority-led nonprofit small business lender with a mission to help historically disadvantaged individuals and communities create thriving and resilient small businesses and entrepreneurial ecosystems in order to close racial and economic disparities and ensure an inclusive and equitable society. Operating since 2001 and certified in 2005 by the U.S. Treasury as a community development financial institution (CDFI), TruFund provides affordable capital and training and advisory services (TA) to small minority and women-owned business enterprises (MWBEs) and small businesses and nonprofits located in and serving low and moderate-income (LMI) communities in Alabama, Louisiana, New York, and Texas. Since 2005, TruFund has provided TA to over 14,000 clients and disbursed $197 million in financing through 2,770 loans to small business owners and nonprofit organizations, which in turn has contributed to the creation and retention of over 15,000 jobs. Some 74% of our loans have been to MWBEs and 51% to businesses operating in LMI communities. This focus has intensified even as our lending volume grew dramatically with, for example, lending to MBEs at 79% in 2020 on loan volume of $24 million (up from average annual lending of $7 million in 2017-19) and on track to hit 80% in 2021 with $57 million in lending.
Reporting to the Vice President, Resource Development, the Manager’s primary responsibilities are creating grant solicitation materials and grant reports for government, corporate and private foundation funders. This position will work closely with all members of the Resource Development team. In addition, they will collaborate across the organization, working largely with our Market Directors and Finance Department to support our fundraising efforts.
• Solicitation includes letters of interest and proposals, cover letters, follow up e-mails, presentations, and grant submission packages requiring extensive collaboration with program staff to create content and with finance staff to develop proposal/grant budgets.
• Developing and submitting solicitation materials to 30-40 prospective grantors as part of Resource Development Department overall annual goal of 90+ requests for a total of $20 million, with the goal of raising $5.6 million.
• Administering, maintaining, and enriching our CRM system to track prospects, fundraising goals, and funder contacts.
• Generate reports, grant award updates, and gather internal data for organizational impact measurement and as required by grant-makers and funders.
Experience and Education
o Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
o At least four years of experience creating grant solicitation and reporting materials
• Preferred – Experience in the CDFI sector or a related field such as economic or community development, financial empowerment, and workforce development
Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to translate program details and impact into compelling text
• Advanced writing skills with experience executing successful grants and proposals
• Experience collaborating with program and finance staff to create compelling requests for funding
• PowerPoint software
• SharePoint or Cloud-based document sharing applications
• Familiarity with fundraising focused CRMS
• Proactive and self-starting
• Keen attention to detail and highly organized
• Efficient: understands where and how to expend limited time and resources,
• Excellent follow-through with a focus on meeting deadlines and working together as a team to reach fundraising goals
• Optimistic and persistent