- Kansas City, MO
- Job Type
- Full-time, Contract
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Ruben Alonso
Having passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in 2017, Congress authorized the establishment of Opportunity Zones to encourage patient capital investments in low-income urban and rural communities nationwide. Opportunity Zones provide a tax incentive for investors to re-invest their unrealized capital gains into dedicated Opportunity Funds which in turn make equity investments in qualifying assets (e.g. businesses or projects) in the designated Zones.
With the creation of the AltCap Opportunity Fund, AltCap intends to further its impact-driven capital deployment in targeted communities to accelerate the development of catalytic real estate projects as well as the growth of small businesses, in particular minority- and women-owned enterprises. By providing community-oriented development projects and small businesses with high growth potential the ability to access patient equity financing, AltCap will support the inclusive economic development and growth of low-income communities.
The Managing Director has an opportunity to play a major role in building out the investment platform of a unique impact investing entity. With ultimate responsibility for the day to day management of the company, execution of its investment strategy, and achievement of its impact investment goals, the Managing Director will play an active role in all aspects of the company’s operations including sourcing deals, delivering written and oral evaluations of business opportunities, preparing and delivering professional marketing presentations to investors, buyers, sellers, and prospective clients, performing detailed company and industry research, preparing financial models and valuation analyses, participating in due diligence and transaction negotiation sessions, closely tracking industry trends, and ensuring that the funds under management exceed the expectations of our clients, while also managing risk to the company.
What you’ll do:
• Setting the overall investment thesis, impact strategy and risk-return objectives of the company alongside the Board of Directors.
• Developing a robust investment pipeline that matches a clearly defined investment strategy and impact objectives.
• Performing due diligence on potential investment opportunities as well as negotiating and finalizing deal structures.
• Developing, managing and expanding relationships with investors – including prospect research, creation of a pitch-deck, and presentations.
• Overseeing the preparation of investor materials, including an annual investor prospectus, quarterly and annual reports.
• Managing and developing strong relationships with external business partners including technology, legal, compliance, and our key third-party vendors.
• Supporting the expanding and evolving demand for alternative and impact investment products.
• Exploring ways to improve the company’s competitive position in the alternative and impact investment marketplace by providing new tools and capabilities that will improve the client experience.
• Forming and developing a team with a balance of subject matter expertise, risk management awareness, client service, and a strong desire to constantly evolve and improve.
What you have:
• A minimum of 7 years capital markets/financial services experience. At least 5 years of track record making recommendations and decisions on specific investments based upon fundamental research and analysis.
• Capital raising experience including sourcing, engaging and raising capital from a targeted investor base for single or multi-asset investment funds.
• Deep capital markets securities knowledge that includes an understanding of complex investment products and financing structures.
• Demonstrated passion for impact investing, development finance or social enterprise work.
• Familiarity with the latest impact measurement and management approaches.
• Relentless drive to achieve results and established performance goals.
• A commitment to inclusive economic development and growth as well as a strong belief in individual economic and social empowerment through entrepreneurship.
• Exceptional communications skills and a commitment to client service.
• Self-motivated leader with entrepreneurial mindset.
• BA/BS degree required – advanced degree preferred.
• Series 65 license, CFA or other professional investment credentials preferred.
What you’ll get:
• Comprehensive compensation (including profit sharing) and benefits package.
• Not just a job, but an opportunity to do the best work of your life building a unique investment entity making transformative investments in communities and businesses throughout the region.
At AltCap, we believe that equitable access to capital creates stronger communities and a thriving, inclusive economy. For over 10 years we have deployed capital in communities and to small businesses underserved and overlooked by mainstream financial institutions – financing catalytic real estate development projects and job creating, growth enabling businesses investments. Learn more about how we invest in impact: www.alt-cap.org