- Vera Solutions
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Key skills: Management, process improvement, business strategy, data systems, international development, professional services operations
Reviewed by: CEO
Location: For discussion. Vera currently has hubs in Boston, Mumbai, Cape Town, and Geneva.
The Managing Director will join Vera’s global leadership team, focused on growing our talented consulting team, expanding our client base, and scaling our impact. You’ll be expected to contribute to Vera’s internal strategy, structures, and process improvements from the get-go. You’ll help us streamline and harmonize our processes, improve internal learning, use internal data to drive strategy, and cultivate a culture of excellent management.
Our teams of consultants design and build program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems for organizations in the social sector. While it’s unlikely that you will work directly on many projects, you’ll be expected to manage the company-wide delivery of these projects throughout their lifecycle, ensuring quality, efficiency, and success for both Vera and our clients.
You will join our team of passionate, talented humans with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism.
• Work with the CEO and leadership team to drive growth and strategy for our consulting business;
• Refine and improve internal systems and processes to ensure consistent quality of execution across teams;
• Backstop consulting teams delivering projects across Vera, particularly supporting Hub Directors in resource planning, pipeline management, delivery success, and implementation support. Hub Directors will report directly to you, as will the Technical Support Manager;
• Model effective management and grow a team of excellent managers across Vera;
• Champion the use of internal data to make decisions that improve efficiency, productivity and effective internal feedback loops. Take on leadership of our Business Intelligence Working Group;
• Drive learning across teams – you’ll be responsible for putting systems in place to ensure that individual knowledge becomes collective knowledge; and
• Other internal strategic projects as identified.
• Significant experience in professional services—you’ve spent years managing projects and client engagements;
• Exceptional leadership skills—you can rally a diverse team to a good idea, your teams trust you, you’re a great facilitator and all around communicator;
• Substantial leadership experience—you’ve led teams to successful outcomes on many projects;
• Experience deriving business insights from internal data—you know how to ask and answer the right questions to move a growing business in strategic directions;
• Passion for social impact work;
• Excellent, persuasive writing and speaking skills;
• A bias toward action – you don’t like leaving a meeting without clear action items;
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours as determined by clients in multiple time zones;
• Availability (and enthusiasm) for international travel; and
• Relevant academic experience.
• Substantial experience managing and/or growing a professional services firm or department;
• Substantial experience working in the social sector;
• Experience living and/or working in the developing world;
• Relevant Master’s degree, MBA preferred;
• Your Excel skills are something to write home about;
• Fluency/proficiency in Hindi, Spanish, French, or Portuguese; and
• Experience working with the Salesforce/Force.com platform.
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers competitive salaries, benefits, and performance-based bonuses, commensurate with experience. You can expect to make less than you would at a large, profit-driven firm and more than you would at a similarly sized nonprofit.
How to apply:
Complete an online application (attaching CV and cover letter) here here: http://bit.ly/1LeEEaz